Online Help

Can someone please help me with this problem, have searched but can't find an answer.

when I go to online and after it loads a few servers, after a few seconds they all turn red. Then when I try to book a place all I ever get is can't contact server.

When online first became available I had no problems and even entered a few races. Any updates since online was introduced is when this started.

Any help please.

As originally mentioned from my first post that all servers after a few seconds turn red as shown in image 1.
Is this normal or not no one seems to have picked up on this.

No, that is not normal at all.

Resetting the router would probably make no difference but you have nothing to lose. There are more elegant ways to do it, but you can just physically unplug it from the power socket and plug it again.

For what I understand of your problem, you are able to get a list of servers (I assume you have pressed the refresh button - the one with the 2 arrows making a circle). This info comes from Assetto Corsa official servers. Then your computer tries to connect to such servers but it can not reach them (in the right hand side it says ping: N/A).

You should not see this N/A (Not Available) but instead see the ping (the time it takes to your computer to change info with the server).

So I imagine that you have 1 of these 2 problems:

1) The list of online server your computer gets is outdated, and the servers listed are not online anymore.

2) The list is OK, but for some reason your computer can not communicate with the server.

No, that is not normal at all.

Resetting the router would probably make no difference but you have nothing to lose. There are more elegant ways to do it, but you can just physically unplug it from the power socket and plug it again.

For what I understand of your problem, you are able to get a list of servers (I assume you have pressed the refresh button - the one with the 2 arrows making a circle). This info comes from Assetto Corsa official servers. Then your computer tries to connect to such servers but it can not reach them (in the right hand side it says ping: N/A).

You should not see this N/A (Not Available) but instead see the ping (the time it takes to your computer to change info with the server).

So I imagine that you have 1 of these 2 problems:

1) The list of online server your computer gets is outdated, and the servers listed are not online anymore.

2) The list is OK, but for some reason your computer can not communicate with the server.
Just a reminder
Online.jpg
Think its more likely to be the second one you mentioned.

Do you get an "unexpected packet received" notification on the loading screen and/or have you got a Billion router?
If so, you may look through this thread on the AC forums and attach a log there.

Had myself a similar error with the N/A as ping on multiplayer servers in combination with the mentioned issue above last month.

Do you get an "unexpected packet received" notification on the loading screen and/or have you got a Billion router?
If so, you may look through this thread on the AC forums and attach a log there.

Had myself a similar error with the N/A as ping on multiplayer servers in combination with the mentioned issue above last month.
No not had that problem
my router is a virgin superhub direct connection from the hub to the pc

we have a virgin superhub in our house as well. I can confirm it works fine with AC.

My best suggestion. Forget posting in here. do the smart thing and go directly to the AC forums and ask them about it.. Clearly nobody here has gotten close to solving this, so take it to the people that make the game.

From what you have said, it has nothing to do with modems, routers or ports... its to do with the game changing. (worked fine one day, new update comes out and it doesnt work now). So go ask the people who make the game.. that would be my best advice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back