One track per week?

i did vote for nr. 2 yes, but more variations in cars....

because i do not realy like WTCC cars (did not like in race07 too) and i see nearly every race is a WTCC race, but probably this WTCC cars are the most popular cars in raceroom game,
bad luck for me it looks like, haha.

1 track a complete week is a good idea, if people make more races a week, then no need of make practise track learn, simply quick practise for get used to the car, which is good, save time, i like quick jump in a race without doing many practise.

but i can normaly only make 1xrace a week in raceroom game, or maximal 2 races if i have not much work.
normaly tuesday i make races in racerroom, but tomorrow my wife is not at home at night and have to watch little daughter.

servus

Just voted for the fun of it :)
Went for option 2.
I think one track a week is an awesome concept, but varying the cars sounds like the way to go.

Would be especially cool to see how people perform in different cars.
Just because you're godlike in your Seat Leon doesn't mean you're competitive in the SLS.

Firstly thanks to @Kjell Eilertsen and all the other moderators for taking time to set these events up. It must take up a considerable amount of time to work out what to do, when to do it, get the server running, etc.

Yes I would like to see more variation in car classes for these races.

I like the WTCC cars but I'm more of a fan of the cars like the GT's, prototypes, even the Silhouette is great fun on the right circuit. The game has such a large selection it would be a shame to not make use of it.

I think the same circuit all week is ok, but as someone has already mentioned if you don't like the circuit you may decide just to leave it. For example I like Zandvoort but lose so much time through the middle sector and I've never truly mastered it, so it's not one of my favorites.

Other ideas for you?
1. One special event a month (DTM or ADAC 60 minute race, two WTCC 30 minute races maybe?)
2. I didn't like the 4x tyre wear can we just have 2x or leave as normal please?
3. Rolling Starts, standing starts? Is this possible with the server setup?
4. Reverse Grids? Again is this possible with the server setup? We could do what I had on an AC T5 race once. We all started off on lap 1, then rearranged ourselves for a fast rolling start at the end of the first lap.

Anyway just ideas :)

Firstly thanks to @Kjell Eilertsen and all the other moderators for taking time to set these events up. It must take up a considerable amount of time to work out what to do, when to do it, get the server running, etc.

Yes I would like to see more variation in car classes for these races.

I like the WTCC cars but I'm more of a fan of the cars like the GT's, prototypes, even the Silhouette is great fun on the right circuit. The game has such a large selection it would be a shame to not make use of it.

I think the same circuit all week is ok, but as someone has already mentioned if you don't like the circuit you may decide just to leave it. For example I like Zandvoort but lose so much time through the middle sector and I've never truly mastered it, so it's not one of my favorites.

Other ideas for you?
1. One special event a month (DTM or ADAC 60 minute race, two WTCC 30 minute races maybe?)
2. I didn't like the 4x tyre wear can we just have 2x or leave as normal please?
3. Rolling Starts, standing starts? Is this possible with the server setup?
4. Reverse Grids? Again is this possible with the server setup? We could do what I had on an AC T5 race once. We all started off on lap 1, then rearranged ourselves for a fast rolling start at the end of the first lap.

Anyway just ideas :)
Running one track per week sure has both pros and cons.
Some answers to your ideas;

1. Yeah I have so far run the multi class 60 min special race, and this week its the event using free content and allowing non premium members to join, expect to see these return every now and then. The multi class 60 min thingy might even make a permanent return as it seemed very popular.

2. Tire wear at 4x is gone, atm I've got it at "off" for all races but will prob set it to Normal, I do like to have some setting that makes the race less static

3. Rolling starts have previously caushed server crashes, not sure if this has been remedied yet but I think not. S3 have even disabled the possibility to choose rolling starts for races until they have fixed it.

4. Reverse grids are not possible atm, as for manually fixing it, guess it can be done, but with the kind of numbers we're seeing these days I'm not sure making the races more complicated is the way to go?

Running one track per week sure has both pros and cons.
Some answers to your ideas;

1. Yeah I have so far run the multi class 60 min special race, and this week its the event using free content and allowing non premium members to join, expect to see these return every now and then. The multi class 60 min thingy might even make a permanent return as it seemed very popular.

2. Tire wear at 4x is gone, atm I've got it at "off" for all races but will prob set it to Normal, I do like to have some setting that makes the race less static

3. Rolling starts have previously caushed server crashes, not sure if this has been remedied yet but I think not. S3 have even disabled the possibility to choose rolling starts for races until they have fixed it.

4. Reverse grids are not possible atm, as for manually fixing it, guess it can be done, but with the kind of numbers we're seeing these days I'm not sure making the races more complicated is the way to go?

That's fair enough. Just throwing some ideas in. Maybe when we get some formulas cars as well that will probably help with numbers (hopefully).

Occurred to me today with this weekends races. There's a little event called the Goodwood Festival of Speed On which may cause sign up problems! haha. You've also got the e-prix in London as well. So most motorsport fans in the UK will probably be heading to those events this weekend. Fingers crossed for some more sign-ups before the race :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back