One To Watch | Fun Things To Do In Sim Racing by Mike at Simracing604

Since it's Daytona time I am going to redownload Project CARS 2, since only it has decent Daytona if we take iRacing out of the equation, have a bunch of fun, realize I want to try other things, realize the sim is incredibly inconsistent, get fed up with it and delete it, for the 10th or so time :D Or maybe I find "the One" FFB mod?
I find the Daytona Road courses for RaceRoom and AC are quite decent.

Pcars2 ffb is much improved using Karsten's latest PC2 profile (carry-over from AMS2). I think this makes PC2-ffb as good as it can get.

I find the Daytona Road courses for RaceRoom and AC are quite decent.

Pcars2 ffb is much improved using Karsten's latest PC2 profile (carry-over from AMS2). I think this makes PC2-ffb as good as it can get.
Thanks for the suggestions. I do not like the AC version from Track Reboot, the road textures are... messy, as well as AC isn't the best for AI racing. I have similarly bad experience with multiclass AI in RaceRoom, recently I tried multiclass in Hockenheim and the faster class was badly stuck when lapping, as well as it doesn't have the LMP2 prototypes I would want to race in Daytona.

I tried to set up PC2 with the recently updated Silver Project FFB, and I have to admit it's pretty good so far with pretty much everything I have tried. PC2 miiiiiight stay after all after the Daytona fever ends. Been doing some multiclass practice sessions and the AI didn't do anything too out of place either. Going to set up and endurance race I think.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do not like the AC version from Track Reboot, the road textures are... messy, as well as AC isn't the best for AI racing. I have similarly bad experience with multiclass AI in RaceRoom, recently I tried multiclass in Hockenheim and the faster class was badly stuck when lapping, as well as it doesn't have the LMP2 prototypes I would want to race in Daytona.

I tried to set up PC2 with the recently updated Silver Project FFB, and I have to admit it's pretty good so far with pretty much everything I have tried. PC2 miiiiiight stay after all after the Daytona fever ends. Been doing some multiclass practice sessions and the AI didn't do anything too out of place either. Going to set up and endurance race I think.
Yeah, getting good results with multi-class AI is challenging. I get decent results in RR if I keep the field limited to 2 or 3 classes / 20-30 ai. My sessions tend to be short so, if things go bad, I just restart the race and make the best of my time. I've yet to have ai get upset with me but, my Crew Chief sure does. ;)

I don't recall which version of Daytona I have in AC. I think there are at least 3 of them.

Last edited:
Yeah, getting good results with multi-class AI is challenging. I get decent results in RR if I keep the field limited to 2 or 3 classes / 20-30 ai. My sessions tend to be short so, if things go bad, I just restart the race and make the best of my time. I've yet to have ai get upset with me but, my Crew Chief sure does. ;)

I don't recall which version of Daytona I have in AC. I think there are at least 3 of them.
Yep, there are multiple Daytonas in AC, the one I mentioned is the "most advanced", it's a conversion from FM7 IIRC, but I simply don't like a couple of things about it... I like to keep my AC install as small as possible with only the most high quality mods. I will give another go with R3E, the last time I tried it I was running with more than 40 cars.

Yep, there are multiple Daytonas in AC, the one I mentioned is the "most advanced", it's a conversion from FM7 IIRC, but I simply don't like a couple of things about it... I like to keep my AC install as small as possible with only the most high quality mods. I will give another go with R3E, the last time I tried it I was running with more than 40 cars.
The AC version I have isn't the greatest looking track but, I do like that it has a good amount of surface detail coming through ffb, tactile and motion effects. RaceRoom tracks in general, don't have as much surface detail as those in other titles but, the overall experience is great, and the audio is certainly next level.

Since it's Daytona time I am going to redownload Project CARS 2, since only it has decent Daytona if we take iRacing out of the equation, have a bunch of fun, realize I want to try other things, realize the sim is incredibly inconsistent, get fed up with it and delete it, for the 10th or so time :D Or maybe I find "the One" FFB mod?
Popracers ffb profile, Game changer IMO, Get it on the project cars forum.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%