One thing I really hope doesnt happen in Evo

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
As the title says there is one thing that really annoyes me in race07.

I play quite a lot offline (as I am sick and tired of getting wrecked on public!) and ill give an example.

Say in an offline race. Me, an Alfa and a Seat pull away from the pack by like 2 or 3 seconds. Then the next corner the pack close right back in straight away like there has never been a gap. Its even happned when me,and 2 BMW's pulled away from 3 seats and a chevy by 6 seconds and by the end of the lap they were right behind us again. It is really unrealistic and annoyes me because there barely ever a brake away unless there in a crash or spin.

no AI for me

problem for me is, the AI sucks up all my computing power, I have to go against a max of 6-8 opponents, otherwise I have to turn down the graphics settings, which I hate. The upshot is: I basically never play offline other than training in time attack or doing an x-lap testrun before a race with three AI opponents.
Haven't raced Evo AI yet, so no idea how quick they are.

Sounds good Sander!

James what difficulty do you have your AI at just out of interest :)

Eckhart: Offline is really a lot of fun with a big grid. I recommened a mixed grid with Caterhams, FBMW's and Radicals!

Tried it on 100% and they still aren't at all good... all changing the difficulty does is it seems to make them take a few more risks and block a bit more. Still, most of what i am saying is probably because im trying to compare it to racing online which is what im used to. The AI is good fun to race against while you get used to the cars and learn how they react over long stints on tyres, which is what im doing at the moment. Also they are pretty good in the rain which makes some offline races a good laugh with all the GT classes, Production and around Donington National in heavy rain.

Another annoying habit the AI has is that when you pass a car, it just gives up and becomes a spec in your mirror. They hardly ever fight back.
And they really do slow down too much cornering in a pack... I try not to pass anyone on lap 1. I treat it as a formation lap, almost - it's just too easy to get past half the field at T1.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%