Onboard Settings (Cockpit view)

dreamer al

500RPM
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
I can no longer adjust "Onboard Settings". I can click on the setting bar and the settings appear onscreen, however I can not ammend/change anything (very weird).
I have checked files integrity with out any success (in regards to this particular issue). Can anyone advise or help?

Thanks.

Jordan Dion

Bluestar Racing
Jan 11, 2017
Thank you Sir. You are a bloody genius!!!. Worked perfectly, fixing my problem. Just need to tweak a few things to return to my particular settings.:D;)
Nice!
Its always cool to help someone to get back on track:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jempy

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 26, 2010
Fine !! but next time, don't delete this folder but just rename it.
This way you'll be able afterwards to copy setups, controller and replay files ( if needed for this last one ) from your previous documents to the new created folder.

So you'll keep in any case those sometimes precious files.... without the ones making problems. ;)
That will also work ... as the ones I mentioned are not the ones creating problems.

Reactions: dreamer al

Jempy

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 26, 2010
It would've been enough to cycle through the cameras.
Too late ... as at first I should have advised him to check if he was not simply in Dashcam view :D
as they can be very similar if he drives with +- the same settings in cockpit view.
But I saw his message when the other solution was given :(

dreamer al

500RPM
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Too late ... as at first I should have advised him to check if he was not simply in Dashcam view :D
as they can be very similar if he drives with +- the same settings in cockpit view.
But I saw his message when the other solution was given :(
No, I wasn't in dash cam view. For some reason the controls would not work. Jordan Dion's "fix" was perfect for me (and yes I did keep a copy of the "old" files, just in case) :)

JimLee

100RPM
Premium
Nov 3, 2015
I know this is an "Old Post" but it helped me (my onboard setting app just quit). After replacing one-by-one, it turned out to (at least for me) deleting only the following in "C:\Users\DennyHulme \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg" directory:
camera_manager.ini
camera_onboard.ini (if you have one)

Assetto Corsa will build new ones. Car view settings appear to be stored in i.e. "C:\Users\DennyHulme \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\cars\gpl67_ferrari_312\view.ini", so your per car setting remains unaffected.:)

Dec 30, 2018
It would've been enough to cycle through the cameras.
I just had the exact same problem with the Onboard View. Sure enough, after cycling the views with the F1 key, I found that my personalized Drivers View was still there. For some quirky Wintel-based reason, the sim loaded with the OV set to that generic cockpit view instead. I did install a new web cam just prior to having this problem, so maybe that had something to do with it, but I don't really think so.

Anyway... Thank you very much!

Reactions: Majuh