On the subject of set-ups

Well established maybe but he also thinks the 934 is broken, :confused: so he's dead to me, :cautious: I adore the thing, how dare he! :laugh:
A decent setup will make a fast driver faster and an average driver more consistent, that's about it, other than a bad setup will make all abilities life a lot harder, not a cure for poor craft, just an aid to that extra 10th, 100th or 1000th.
Do appreciate people that do spend the time to laboriously run lap after lap to fine tune & fettle cars, to then publish for all to try, I do look often and have been known to steal ideas but I have a specific driving style, as does everyone, so it's a case of find an alien that shares your style and take your lead from them or adjust your style to take the opportunity to follow a favourite. Personally I've the same dogeared printout of the XSR guide I've had for years, if it ain't broke don't fix it, :thumbsup:maybe print a fresh copy periodically though, as there's a couple annoying coffee stains restricting my knowledge! :D

Do appreciate people that do spend the time to laboriously run lap after lap to fine tune & fettle cars

Yes, but Raceroom in-game stats are pretty poor. There is no space for analysis, missing lap per lap stats, telemetry etc. Advanced stats in profil on the Raceroom web is more joke than useful numbers. Okay, there is way for external app, but why Raceroom force me to use it? Fantastic sim, but this side is horrible.

An interesting video which highlights three major points that I think are useful to all sim racers.

1) Learning the track you're racing on and getting comfortable with the car you're racing in will always be far more important than anything else. That's the key to overall pace, not your setup.

2) As Mr Strange says, taking a fast drivers setup will not make you as fast as them. Setups are personal, based on an individual's driving style and preferred handling characteristics. If you're going to dabble with setups, make one which suits your own style and preferences.

3) Hotlapping is not the same as racing. Just because a setup has the potential to give you your ultimate best pace over one lap, it doesn't mean it's any good in a racing environment where consistency is generally more important.

Yes, but Raceroom in-game stats are pretty poor. There is no space for analysis, missing lap per lap stats, telemetry etc.
Telemetry is coming.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%