PC1 On Startup doesn´t succesfully renders game

Hi guys,

I´m having trouble starting the game at all. When I fire up PCars it opens up a starting screen with some blue logos from SMS and WMD with black background and then it kinda minimizes the game screen to the task bar.
I´m now back at my desktop and when I click on the tab in the task bar for PCars it won´t go into the game but I can hear audio playing. I already updated grphics drivers for the GTX970 but problem persists.
Out of 10 startups I might get 2 good starts and I can do something in the UI, don´t know what´s going on with the game. Help is appreciated.

Cheers

First of all, you don't provide enough information for anyone to help.

PC specifications, OS, resolution, number of monitors, etc., there are SO many variables on the computer it is sometimes hard to help unless most of the variables are known.

It is clear that it is a computer configuration issue, getting to the root cause is sometimes hard.

When this happens to you, try hitting ALT+TAB (only once) to see if you can bring pCARS to the front.

Single screen at 1920x1080 in fullscreen mode in PCars, Windows 7, i7 3770K, 8GB RAM, GTX970 Windforce latest drivers (350.12). I´m quite tech savy but I haven´t seen anything like that before.
Tried starting up PCars with administration rights and disabled Aero. Disabling Aero kinda helped, after that I could ALT+TAB into the game. But when I disable Aero before I start PCars I get the same behaviour as before. Can´t get into game.
ALT+Tabbing doesn´t help in general, it just does´t render the game on screen.

Last edited:
This happened to me,
Using a logitech G27 I have to run with the G27 plugged in of course the Logitech profiler before launching the game otherwise it will crash.
What you can do is try to run in window mode to test the case, set to window mode by going to C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Project CARS\graphicsconfigdx11.xml, open the XML and in the second listing (second half of page) change the value of <prop name="Windowed" windowed="0" /> to "1" and save and exit, try run now, if it runs in window mode it is most likely the logitech profile or whatever wheel you use, set the mode back to full screen and run what ever game controller or wheel software you have before launching game, i spent hours changing graphics and it was nothing to do with it, fixed it for me and simply bumped all graphics back to max, works all the time now.
Hope that helps.

• Deleted member 113561

Okay I had this once aswell - if you need a quick emergency solution (ie if youre in a league race):

Use CTRL + ALT + DELETE
Do Lock the Account
And sign in again

Then it worked for me again

But it did just happend once and then never again

P.s. Logitech Profiler is set on my PC to start with Windows and i never close it

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%