On board TC adjustment with GT3 Power Pack

I recently bought the GT3 Power Pack and I was under the impression you could map traction control, ABS etc to buttons for adjustment in car.

However I'm struggling to get it working. I found the following info on setting the button mappings and I have TC up and TC down assigned to a button on my Fanatec CSL, and the TC map set to 2, but when I use the TC up/down button on the wheel it doesn't seem to change anything. I certainly don't get any on-screen/dash confirmation of the TC adjustment, and the car doesn't feel any different.

Can anyone clarify exactly how to set this up, and whether I should get a visual confirmation of the change on screen or on the dash?

Thanks.

I recently bought the GT3 Power Pack and I was under the impression you could map traction control, ABS etc to buttons for adjustment in car.

However I'm struggling to get it working. I found the following info on setting the button mappings and I have TC up and TC down assigned to a button on my Fanatec CSL, and the TC map set to 2, but when I use the TC up/down button on the wheel it doesn't seem to change anything. I certainly don't get any on-screen/dash confirmation of the TC adjustment, and the car doesn't feel any different.

Can anyone clarify exactly how to set this up, and whether I should get a visual confirmation of the change on screen or on the dash?

Thanks.
You seem to be doing everything correctly!
I have mapped TC up and down to J and K on the keyboard and it works perfectly. You get a visual confirmation about it!
I would suggest you try to map it to a keyboard button and see if that's working so you know whether it's rF2 or your wheel buttons!

BTW, the in car TC and abs is not the same as the "driving aid" TC and abs you can enable/disable via the F-keys. These have low/medium/high afaik while the really simulated, in car, have multiple steps like 1/10 to 10/10 and are part of the setup menu.
Just thought I'd mention that since I was confused at first :)

Thanks, I'll give that a go. That was my understanding also, that the "on board" TC gives you stepped levels of TC rather than the usual off/low/medium/high.

Does it matter if the standard options (off/low/medium/high) are set to anything other than off? How do the two methods of applying TC work with each other?

Thanks, I'll give that a go. That was my understanding also, that the "on board" TC gives you stepped levels of TC rather than the usual off/low/medium/high.

Does it matter if the standard options (off/low/medium/high) are set to anything other than off? How do the two methods of applying TC work with each other?
Honestly no clue how and if they interfere. I just make sure to have them disabled!

Yes, it matters. Make sure you disable both TC and ABS aids for "in car" settings to work properly.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%