ACC Older GT3 cars @ COTA - Monday 14th November

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I think engine cylinders are like pizzas: the more, the better. So I'm going with the Aston. Also, the DBR9 GT1 is one of my all times favourite car. I'm not sure if I'll be able to race on monday, but I registered anyway.

I did a few laps yesterday and... they were invalid. My best one was 2:11.9. I think I can shave a little bit of that, but not too much.
Love the DBR9!

Seriously, you should be banned from practicing prior to a race…

:roflmao:

2 min 9 is an excellent time :)
Haha, that's the only practice I'm getting and I gained 1 second on the final few corners of the "twisty bits" at the start of the lap - not even sure how I did it so I wouldn't worry.

As it's older cars and a fun race can I suggest a gentleman driver evening for this one where it's more about enjoying driving door to door and leaving a bit more space than closing doors etc? Trying to get a cut back is more fun anyway :D

I have to say sorry for tonight, but i will enter the rf2 opnwheeler event instead this race. Just trying out something different for me after spending in gt/touring cars the last months.

Its a bit disapointing for me that the acc and rf2 events clash on mondays, but the week has just 5days so its not easy to find dates.

Race night!

This track has grown on me, I don’t feel that quick but looking forward to the race!

Also, I’m down to 4 tracks remaining that I’ve still to drive on in ACC!

Would love to have joined this as looked fun and not raced online for ages, but sadly work got in the way - did manage to get a few laps practice in as hadn't tried COTA yet, and also used the Jag for the first time ever - managed a 2:10 in it but as much as I wanted to like the car it seemed to want to be in a constant state of either over or understeer and the TC seemed to kick in all of the time, I guess at least I learned something. Have a good race!

Was a good race, I knew going in I was going to be roughly 2min 9 laps. Having not had much time on the track I was using the Safe preset with just slight changes to the brake ratio, tc and abs.

Just one of those races with no one to race for me at the mid way point.

Looking forward to the next one!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years