Old Spanish Trail Highway Circuit

Tracks Old Spanish Trail Highway Circuit 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great layout, this circuit as a wonder flow. Well done !! Using this with the Shaders mod and Sol, I noticed textures on some sections of the track don't appear to be loading properly.

20190209211058_1.jpg

Great layout, this circuit as a wonder flow. Well done !! Using this with the Shaders mod and Sol, I noticed textures on some sections of the track don't appear to be loading properly.

View attachment 290532

Try now, I fixed the transparency for the mesh. I'm not sure about my version of shader patch because I had an AI bug and I copied in my AC folder older versions, but with no success...

Almost everything is working well. I've only noticed one bug. The two hilltops in the middle of the mountain chain are flickering. I'm using a Oculus Rift with the shaders patch v0.1.25-preview47. I have no performance issues or fps drops with 25 AI cars with the shaders patch in VR.

Almost everything is working well. I've only noticed one bug. The two hilltops in the middle of the mountain chain are flickering. I'm using a Oculus Rift with the shaders patch v0.1.25-preview47. I have no performance issues or fps drops with 25 AI cars with the shaders patch in VR.

I think that flickering is from Sol. I get it too. That looks like place where effects plane meets the mountain mesh, at least that's how I see the Sol effect working. My track geometry is over 20x20 kilometers big, if it was smaller you would not see it.

Maybe, but now AI is causing poor performance - 30 fps. It is clearly AI, no doubt. Even when I hit Esc and game loop stops, fps goes back to normal. Hot-lapping is ok, because it has no AI.
I have a similar issue, with AI i have some short slowdowns every 5-6 seconds. I have the latest patch but none changed.

Haven't downloaded yet, but couple of questions. Would you consider adding more pits so we could get a full 32 car grid? Also the track have a vintage look that I love, but the modern ambulance destroys that. Will you consider a vintage version with a '60s ambulance and maybe '60s marshalls? Think that would be awesome to use in my vintage community! Gonna download and try it out later today.

Haven't downloaded yet, but couple of questions. Would you consider adding more pits so we could get a full 32 car grid? Also the track have a vintage look that I love, but the modern ambulance destroys that. Will you consider a vintage version with a '60s ambulance and maybe '60s marshalls? Think that would be awesome to use in my vintage community! Gonna download and try it out later today.

I can try to squeeze in more pits, start grid then would go behind the last corner. I'm now working on vintage 1970s ad banners too. About that ambulance. That is the model I have from my previous track. But I made this track as an abandoned place that is used today with modern hypercars, as some rich guy just bought this property and now puts it to use.

When you're ready to move on (don't get me wrong - I love this track, particularly in VRC's 1999 Indy car; laps in the low 1:30s), I would urge Stardust over Willow because a) Willow is boring and so well known that you'd have to work overtime to make sure every t is crossed and every i is dotted, and b) because Stardust is much more like the OST and so unknown that you don't have to get it millimeter perfect. If you want help, I'm really good with research (I helped Lilkski with Bridgehampton). If so, PM me. BTW, your 'production values' are top notch!

Stardust would be amazing from a history perspective but it seems like a pretty dull track to drive. Maybe it's more interesting than it seems, though.

Would be a great place to run the T70 for sure. That'd basically give us a full '66 Can Am season.

When you're ready to move on (don't get me wrong - I love this track, particularly in VRC's 1999 Indy car; laps in the low 1:30s), I would urge Stardust over Willow because a) Willow is boring and so well known that you'd have to work overtime to make sure every t is crossed and every i is dotted, and b) because Stardust is much more like the OST and so unknown that you don't have to get it millimeter perfect. If you want help, I'm really good with research (I helped Lilkski with Bridgehampton). If so, PM me. BTW, your 'production values' are top notch!

It all sounds good, everything is just a matter of time. I need to finish RCRC and OSTH, and at the same time I'm making cars for Unity Asset Store.
Hardest part of real life tracks would be the accuracy, especially height maps.

It all sounds good, everything is just a matter of time. I need to finish RCRC and OSTH, and at the same time I'm making cars for Unity Asset Store.
Hardest part of real life tracks would be the accuracy, especially height maps.
Well, Willow Springs has more elevation changes than Stardust. Not to beat a dead horse, but another reason to consider the Las Vegas track is that it hosted some mighty important races, like the Can-Am, for the Big Cars you obviously love. Willow is, was and always will be little more than a test track (originally built for motorcycles). Jus' sayin' (I'll shut up now).

Stardust would be amazing from a history perspective but it seems like a pretty dull track to drive. Maybe it's more interesting than it seems, though.

Would be a great place to run the T70 for sure. That'd basically give us a full '66 Can Am season.
Just ask Jim Hall (it was a little TOO exciting for him), but yes, it was both dull (no elevation changes) and interesting (some challenging multi-apex turns). I helped a friend who created Stardust for GTR2, so I drove it quite a lot. Like the Old Spanish Trail, it would probably be a good online venue. (The actual track is long gone; a gigantic housing development covers every square inch of the property it was on - shades of Riverside!)

eg01st updated Old Spanish Trail Highway Circuit with a new update entry:

Old Spanish Trail Highway Circuit 0.9

Still a few things to add, but that will come a month later.

* Pit boxes increased from 26 to 30
* Billboards
* Grand Stand hill and foundation, with old rusty sign
* Tyre marks on kerbs
* Small stones on sides of track (only on max settings)
* Small improvements to materials View attachment 293370 View attachment 293371 View attachment 293372

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing