Old Spanish Trail Highway Circuit

Tracks Old Spanish Trail Highway Circuit 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
It has nothing to do with SOL. It is a shader patch 'problem' or rather because the far plane is set too low. Go to Shader patch settings in CM, find the Graphic Adjustments settings on the left, then the Far Plane settings. Set them to 35000, 40000 and the problem is solved. This might give you lower FPS though and so far it's the longest I have had to set that number. Maybe consider moving the mountains closer to the track?

It has nothing to do with SOL. It is a shader patch 'problem' or rather because the far plane is set too low. Go to Shader patch settings in CM, find the Graphic Adjustments settings on the left, then the Far Plane settings. Set them to 35000, 40000 and the problem is solved. This might give you lower FPS though and so far it's the longest I have had to set that number. Maybe consider moving the mountains closer to the track?

Thank you, I will put your solution in description, 35k and 40k worked for me.

Just ask Jim Hall (it was a little TOO exciting for him), but yes, it was both dull (no elevation changes) and interesting (some challenging multi-apex turns). I helped a friend who created Stardust for GTR2, so I drove it quite a lot. Like the Old Spanish Trail, it would probably be a good online venue. (The actual track is long gone; a gigantic housing development covers every square inch of the property it was on - shades of Riverside!)

Never mind (as Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say), somebody's already done a plausible Stardust...and I was wrong: without any elevation changes, it's pretty boring.

I'm loving this track - fast and furious, great for hairy monsters like the Porsche 935, 936 and 962 - but it's causing errors when loading the game (problems with the cameras). I attach the error log and ask for your help.

Attachments

• errors.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 184
I'm loving this track - fast and furious, great for hairy monsters like the Porsche 935, 936 and 962 - but it's causing errors when loading the game (problems with the cameras). I attach the error log and ask for your help.

I fixed the camera file, you can download the 1.0.4 update.

I fixed the camera file, you can download the 1.0.4 update.
Thank you; all better now. If you're looking for a proper vintage support vehicle, may I suggest Lance Reventlow's old Fiat transporter (after he hauled Scarabs, Carroll Shelby hauled Cobras with it; it's now a fixture on the vintage racing circuit).
1956-fiat-tipo-306-race-car-transporter.jpg

Bottomless Lakes.jpg
It all sounds good, everything is just a matter of time. I need to finish RCRC and OSTH, and at the same time I'm making cars for Unity Asset Store.
Hardest part of real life tracks would be the accuracy, especially height maps.

Forget about Stardust, forget about Willow Springs, the track that you should be thinking about is Bottomless Lakes, in Bottomless Lakes State Park, about 15 miles southeast of Roswell, NM (or, to be more precise: 33°20'12"N 104°20'11"W), and onetime home of a several SCCA races in the mid-1960s. It's your kind of track: long willowy stretches, big sweeping curves, breathtaking desert scenery...and lots of Google Streets views to explore.

Last edited:
Won't this negatively affect the FPS of this track AND every other track unless it's put back to original settings each time?
@eg01st, the other suggestion to move the mountains closer to the track might be better?
Re the mountains, I've never seen any where the point gets 'sharper' as it reaches the peak like your mountains do. Geology normally 'flattens' the tops, not makes them more 'pointy'. Hard to describe. A few of the peaks on your mountains are very 'spikey'. Like spikes.

Won't this negatively affect the FPS of this track AND every other track unless it's put back to original settings each time?
@eg01st, the other suggestion to move the mountains closer to the track might be better?
Re the mountains, I've never seen any where the point gets 'sharper' as it reaches the peak like your mountains do. Geology normally 'flattens' the tops, not makes them more 'pointy'. Hard to describe. A few of the peaks on your mountains are very 'spikey'. Like spikes.

Yes, that might be more work for an update. I made a simple mesh from heightmaps and then applied Turbo Smooth, as a lazy 3D artist I am. That made the mountain tops sharp.

Yes it will. Maybe it would be a good idea to ask Ilja if we could get a per track setting for the far plane values, like we have with the Smart Shadows. Maybe it's already there if we look in the ini files..

The newest versions of the CSP that include GrassFX are messing with the marks on the road. I brought it up on the CSP discord and got a fix.

AlleyViperYesterday at 10:25 PM

I don't have the game running at hand on this pc, I'm only looking at the material list on this track (so other stuff looking wrong could be missing), but you can try this, on assettocorsa\extensions\config\tracks\loaded\osth_circuit.ini, backup the original file, and add in the end: [SHADER_REPLACEMENT_0]
MATERIALS=corner_skidmarks, kerbSkidmarks
SHADER=ksPerPixel

He also said it was a know issue and a fix is in the works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_bmw_m4_osth_circuit_17-11-119-21-14-18.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_bmw_m4_osth_circuit_17-11-119-21-14-18.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 110
Love this track, hopefully some day the CSP people add sand to the grassFX.

I could just rename the objects to 1GRASS instead of 1GRAVEL. Does the grassFX work yet on mod tracks?
That would completely mess up my visual theme though as this is supposed to be desert with few dry bushes...

I just remembered on tracks with sand cars where kicking up grass. Looks like they fixed it with CSP 1.30, now it looks like dirt chunks.
CSP 1.25.P138
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_osth_circuit_29-11-119-19-26-2.jpg

CSP 1.25P245
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_osth_circuit_29-11-119-19-30-36.jpg

CSP 1.30
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_osth_circuit_29-11-119-19-33-19.jpg

Hard to describe. A few of the peaks on your mountains are very 'spikey'. Like spikes. ;)

It really would add to the immersion if the mountains could be smoothed over. :thumbsup:

Yes, that might be more work for an update. I made a simple mesh from heightmaps and then applied Turbo Smooth, as a lazy 3D artist I am. That made the mountain tops sharp.

Do you still have plans to fix the spiky mountains in the background? When I saw that the track had been updated my hopes were raised, and then dashed. The rest of the environment is incredibly believable with some amazing texture work and details (I love the old weathered billboards with panels missing etc) but those spiky peaks would give a geologist sleepless nights. They look really out of place, so hopefully it's a relatively simple fix.

Screenshot_urd_maures_gtr_97_osth_circuit_30-11-119-8-25-35.jpg

Do you still have plans to fix the spiky mountains in the background? When I saw that the track had been updated my hopes were raised, and then dashed. The rest of the environment is incredibly believable with some amazing texture work and details (I love the old weathered billboards with panels missing etc) but those spiky peaks would give a geologist sleepless nights. They look really out of place, so hopefully it's a relatively simple fix.

View attachment 336816

I know that feel, bro :(
Just uploaded silent update 1.0.6, spikeys are rounded down now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%