Old Spanish Trail Highway Circuit

Tracks Old Spanish Trail Highway Circuit 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Good!

I have one criticism about that windmill. As someone who grew up in the US west WAY back when the Aeromotor Windmill was everywhere, I never saw one so HUGE! It truely is out of scale from reality. The biggest they made was about 6 x 12 meters. They were for pumping water to the surface. I wanted to say something when the last(?) version came out with the windmill; maybe next version you could scale that down a bit?

http://www.rockridgewindmills.com/photo-video-gallery/windmill-size-overview/large-windmills/

Good!

I have one criticism about that windmill. As someone who grew up in the US west WAY back when the Aeromotor Windmill was everywhere, I never saw one so HUGE! It truely is out of scale from reality. The biggest they made was about 6 x 12 meters. They were for pumping water to the surface. I wanted to say something when the last(?) version came out with the windmill; maybe next version you could scale that down a bit?

http://www.rockridgewindmills.com/photo-video-gallery/windmill-size-overview/large-windmills/

Thanks for the input!
Before making it I was looking online for size, but I don't remember if I made it larger on purpose. Probably, because I thought it was too small for the open desert.
Anyway, I scaled it down and will upload 1.0.2.

Thanks for the input!
Before making it I was looking online for size, but I don't remember if I made it larger on purpose. Probably, because I thought it was too small for the open desert.
Anyway, I scaled it down and will upload 1.0.2.

Attachments

• tumblr_ormk79O8Dd1w1yqnpo1_640.jpg
    tumblr_ormk79O8Dd1w1yqnpo1_640.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 91
Great track v1.0.2
Only issue - it works in Practice but crashes out in Quick Race mode.
all other tracks (300+) work correctly.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hello, i am not sure if you will respond to this but i need your help. There is a tournament on the rental kart track in Montenegro next year. I need to get prepared but its too expensive for me to go and practice on the track. I need that track recreated for assetto corsa so i can get prepared as best as i can. I was hoping if we could make a deal for the track. Let me know if you are interested. Thank you!

Does not work when using AC launcher.
Works when launched with Content Manager.
Some form of track fix needed.
Let me check on that, but I doubt I will have time today. I suspect it might be in UI ini file, because it was different from Kunos tracks. I used popular mod tracks as an example, and I don't use AC launcher since CM is faster and has more options.

Hello, i am not sure if you will respond to this but i need your help. There is a tournament on the rental kart track in Montenegro next year. I need to get prepared but its too expensive for me to go and practice on the track. I need that track recreated for assetto corsa so i can get prepared as best as i can. I was hoping if we could make a deal for the track. Let me know if you are interested. Thank you!

You can send me some photos of track to look at but can't promise anything. I have other projects I have to work on, so my spare time is limited.

You can send me some photos of track to look at but can't promise anything. I have other projects I have to work on, so my spare time is limited.
Thank you for your fast response! This is the track, i dont need details of the background or every single part of the track, the blue line signifies the part of the track that is actively being used. Thank you!

Attachments

• aa22.PNG
    aa22.PNG
    533.7 KB · Views: 111
Let me check on that, but I doubt I will have time today. I suspect it might be in UI ini file, because it was different from Kunos tracks. I used popular mod tracks as an example, and I don't use AC launcher since CM is faster and has more options.

Problem seems to be with the new versions of ProTyres app NOT your track. Keep up the great work!

As I mentioned in my updated review, these mountains flicker quite badly (in VR, anyway - cannot test in 2D easily). Bridge shown to help you locate them.

Screenshot_rss_gtn_darche_96_osth_circuit_27-7-119-8-23-28.jpg

As I mentioned in my updated review, these mountains flicker quite badly (in VR, anyway - cannot test in 2D easily). Bridge shown to help you locate them.

View attachment 317048

I know what that is - it's Sol using several planes to create fog/distance perspective effect (or are those the cloud objects?), and since my track has 3D mountains modelled after real life height maps that are over 25 kilometers across, it sometimes creates flickering between mountain mesh and Sol atmosphere meshes.
At this point I don't see anything else to do but delete the mountains completely. When I started making track I wasn't yet using Sol, and track didn't have this problem.

Confirming what @Mascot posted above: flickering mountain ridges.
Probably not very noticeable on single screen but quite ennoying with triples:

ost.png

I don't know what to tell you. Just an unfortunate combination of large scale track environment and the way the Sol works. Hell, might as well report it as Sol bug. If there was a volumetric fog feature in AC engine this would not happen. There should not be floating planes with cloud textures intercepting with level geometry. In other engines it's all animated skydome that is rendered behind everything else, so maybe Sol guys can increase the cloud object rotation radius from player camera...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%