Old Skin Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Ariff Roose

Almost finished, getting new nameplates for the Aston and as you can see in this photo (10.jpg) that it has small carbon prints painted black:clap:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 169
So, what I understand it is, that you have to create your skin (complete with the .car file) and upload it so that people can upload and use it. Correctumundo?

What if, the person who uploads it ie. Me, and no-one uploads it, can i still use it?:dazed:

Sorry!!

You don't need a .car file - all you need is the .dds files and the .ini.

• Ariff Roose

So I post my customskins online, then I can race itin multiplayer right?
But do I have to wait for the hoomanz to download my file or can I just post it and play it?

Again, SORRy... I kinda got confused a little:waving:

So I post my customskins online, then I can race itin multiplayer right?
But do I have to wait for the hoomanz to download my file or can I just post it and play it?

Again, SORRy... I kinda got confused a little:waving:

Put it in a folder and .rar it, upload it to the RD download section then post it when you sign up for a race in the car you've made the skin for. People will usually download skins from the signup thread and then they can see it ingame too.

Hi,

My feeling are that it's to many skins in Customskins folder. Try to move a bunch (50-100) skins somewhere else and try again. For me it's working. I have around 350 customskins, left after move.

//Lasse

That has done the trick for me too. I use to have hundreds of them and the game crashed frequently. Now i have sorted them in folders somewhere else on my HD. For ex. minis, WTCC and every league i drive has its own folder. And of course my own garage on separate folder. Then when it's time to race i delete the customskins folder content and copy only the ones i need there. No crashes since. Little more work but it keeps the game more solid. Oh, you have to do this before you start the game otherwise they aren't available.

Julian, skins are specifically made for each car/model. It isn't possible to import a skin from one game to another.

What you can do is recreate the skin using a program like photoshop. and using a template for whatever car you wish to "skin"

• Ariff Roose

based on the BMW M3 GT4 here:
Hope you lke it! Just in case, i will be posting a download:rain2: soon..

Edit: Download up! Please download and have a look!!

Attachments

• BMW M3 GT4 4.jpg
    BMW M3 GT4 4.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 204
  • bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes