• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Old rFactor modding threads (merged)

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Sheldon Cooper, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    And they have changed the UI also - I hate that, do they not realise this is what puts some people off rF?, people don't like constant change.

On my sound system at least I can't say I agree with you on the sounds Bram, if the 407 sounded like that in RACE I might drive it more :D. It is an excellent mod though. I may run an event with it.

2. Berkem Ceylan

Berkem Ceylan

Ratings:
    +3
    These cars are fun. I've just completed a run in The Mother (winter version) and I must say I've enjoyed every second of it.

3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,066
  4. Maug

Maug

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for trying to bring you our best. We thought having a nice intro would please the players. Now i'll forward your remark to my fellow modding mates and advise them next time to do a low poly model, to include only one plain colored 8*8 skin and very low quality sounds and also to remove anything that isn't properly necessary to play. From my approximations it shouldn't weight more than 10Mb.

About the exe, it's pretty simple. Even my mum(who really sucks with computers) can target the main rfactor install folder and click the install button, i don't see the problem.

I don't see the big deal with the UI. It's exactly the same UI as the original game but with more options and a color change. More options in the menus and more options in the settings in example.

5. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    I understand that movie files are there for presentation but at the same size as the mod, is it really needed? You've done an excellent job with the mod, as I posted above that you had.

There is no need to change the UI. Yes it's similar but it's that first impression 'woah it's changed something I've only just got comfortable with' that puts people off. I don't mind myself because I can see it's actually a better UI aside from the colour.

So before you jump on your high horse, read between the lines. You guys have done an excellent mod but it is not without it's faults. There's no point in being hyper-sensitive about it, criticism will always come.

6. Maug

Maug

Ratings:
    +0
    There's nothing like being over sensitive or jumping on any high horse. I was just trying to make you realise this isn't the end of the world. You seemed pretty angry for some little details.

Thanks you for the comments btw.

7. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
    Downloads: A new file has been added by Ivo Simons:

FM Honda Civic Cup 1.0

Drop the GameData and rFm folders into your main (x:\rFactor) directory and allow any overwrite.

The FM Civic Cup is a semi-fictional spec racing cup based on the Honda Civic EG6. The car is powered by the B18c6 V-Tec mated to a factory spec sealed 5 speed transmission.

8. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954

Abu Dhabi F1 Circuit 1.10

Run the exe file and select your rFactor folder.

9. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Just tried these myself and I love them:good:.

Is there a template with these anywhere? Think my Dewalt scheme would fit nicely on this car:).

10. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Guys there is no need to argue here:) Ryan made some valid points IMO, but I also see your side Maug. However, bandwidth is often an issue for hosting sites, so maybe having 2 versions of the mod (with and without the video) might not be a bad option.

I cant wait to drive those!!! :woot2:

11. Todd Martelle

Todd Martelle

Ratings:
    +0
    How do others find the steering for these cars? I haven't found the sweet spot for settings yet. I use a DFP GT and Real Feel. I've tried with RF on and off but still getting floppy steering around middle.
    Is this just me?

Thanks for any help. Todd

12. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,066
    Lasercutter, are you still working on the final release of this fantastic track?

13. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954
    Yeah i had the same. But on this Mod i disabled Realfeel because it feels already great without it. :)

14. Gary Lennon

Gary Lennon

Ratings:
    +203
    Enjoyed a brief try of these,i keep getting these thoughts that im in the Megane mod sometimes(which is not a good thing),maybe i also need to try out some different FFB,i think i only tried RealFeel and it wasnt very good.
    For me the Clios are still #1 for this kind of genre and they have a near perfect FFB with RealFeel :).

15. BigGalar

BigGalar

Ratings:
    +1
    Downloads: A new file has been added by BigGalar:

HS Ring by Big Galar v1.01

HS Ring by Big Galar v1.01
    *Now includes CAM file update

Track layout inspired by Gran Turismo. It is not intended to be a copy of the original version(s), simply my interpretation of a great track.

Started as a learning project ("How hard can it be...?"), my first track, scratch-built in 3dsMax. Hope you enjoy racing it as much as I did making.

Comments & criticisms welcome (don't be too harsh, it is my 1st track)

All artwork (except the ones I 'borrowed' from other ISI tracks) and all 3d work by the author, Big Galar (c) 2009

16. Ivo Simons

Ivo Simons

Ratings:
    +954

Mini RallyCross

Extract to your root rFactor folder

17. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Downloads: A new file has been added by Ryan Callan:

Grand Valley

Extract to rFactor\GameData\Locations

18. mianiak

mianiak

Ratings:
    +17
    Downloads: A new file has been added by mianiak:

NikkoCircuit_V1.0.rar

Located in Tochigi-ken (ken = state), Nikko Circuit is a small local track used for all forms of motorsports. 1.035km / 643.12mi long.

Tochigi-ken is home to many Automobile makers and hosts a variety of testing tracks, Twin Ring, Motegi Circuit, Subaru test course, Bridgestone Kuroiso test course, Honda R&D centre, etc, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.