Old RBR Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium

Zaxxon released the v1.0 version of his track Olocau-Gátova for Richard Burns Rally. Made with Bob's Tracks Builder it's another masterpiece for rally lovers!

Zaxxon commented on the release: "At the end of last summer my brother and I took a car and had a nice time driving on roads near the town where we were born. We were looking for a track to model and the route from Olocau to Gátova was exactly what we were looking for: narrow, twisty and the typical look from our homeland. So it is not a real rally stage, it is just a nice place 20Km away from where I was born."

Click here to download the track

Any tips for these cars? which is the best? lol what a stupid question.. but I tried Saxo and Polo so far and they are awful - understeering anywhere, especially on tarmac :( 4x4 are better handling then this monsters... I think I am not driving them well but I dont know what is the magic - cant get into them

17? lol
please fill my name into the last spot as maybe if possible, I want to get more practice with these cars but not sure if I will get into them... :) I will let you know till Sunday for sure my participation
thanks
Ondřej Kapal (OKapal) - Europe

Wow, what a roll up, New record.

I've added more slots for sign-ups, we aren't restricted (at least I don't think so) in numbers.

Re these cars, I haven't tested them much at all, but i have tried each car at Noiker (gravel) as well as driving a few at random when making the promo movie. The handling varied a lot and I found some to be very touchy regarding braking (downhills at Noiker was murder). This can be fixed by adjusting the brake bias towards the front. Go into the car setup section (Tune Car) and under brakes, adjust the pressures for the front and back to get them more like 70/30. It should help a lot.

Re handbrake turns, haven't tried much yet on tarmac (they spin easily on gravel) but try entering the turn a bit faster as you hit the handbrake. You should start the turn in first, then grab the handbrake, but keep some power on through the turn and especially the exit. I suspect you need to be more aggressive with these. You could also try increasing the Steering Lock (again under set up) for tarmac, I have found it helps a lot. With increased steering lock, you can even avoid the need for the handbrake with a bit of left foot braking and some aggressive power sliding on exit.
Spinning them around on gravel or snow is rather different (especially with the brake bias on some of them), they spin very easily.

I think we are all learning about these cars, they are different, but I am finding them a lot of fun.

I could cry :(... I was rubbish last week and now my shifts have changed for next week :mad:. As the rally is running, I will be at work: 14:00-22:00 BST. So I am out unfortunately.

I will definitely keep watch for the next one though. Also - really nice to see the entrants list will soon spill over on to two pages :D.

Mark A Warmington;550796 said:
I could cry :(... I was rubbish last week and now my shifts have changed for next week :mad:. As the rally is running, I will be at work: 14:00-22:00 BST. So I am out unfortunately.

A different session could be set up as well, if you don't mind running alone in that one. Lemme know if you have a time that suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back