Old Racing Club threads

2006-Porsche-911-997-GT3-Cup-SA-1280x960.jpg

We are setting up some races for the coming saturdays in december 2009.

When there are sufficient drivers and enough interest we will continue in the next year.

The races will be held on saturdays. (X-mas let it be X-mas)

Upcoming saturday we'll hope to held a race (our first race) on Spa with the Porsche GTR3 cup.

Servername : RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTR2

Class
: Porsche GT3-cup
Track : Spa-Francorchamps GP 2004
Weather: Dry

Event start :20:00 GMT.

Practise : 20 minutes
Qualification : 20 minutes
Warm-up : 5 minutes
Race : 20 laps

Notes: about 45 minutes race with a mandatory pitstop, and standing start.

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We'll hope to see a lot of you.

Even if I had 3 stop and go for the 2 races ( Discovered why after the 3d, pitlane began sooner than I thought ! lol ), :redface: I had a very pleasant evening .... thanks all !
My problem of black screens seem to be solved by downloading a new driver for my Nvidia GT250.

You're quick N and N ! :) I tried not to be in your way when you lapped me !

Eager to have a next pleasant race evening. It won't be next monday, due to a Scrabble competition I have, but for the following one !

Good week all !

I used the car I was less comfortable with, the Ferrari, for Race 1 to get more familar with the track and saved the Saleen for Race 2 but I was very sloppy in this second attempt so my strategy failed, but I finished both events and plus I improved my times somewhat from beginning practice. I drove with some car damage in the second race which caused steering trouble producing several unforced offs (hoping to avoid a pitstop) and actually drove the last lap with a flat tire.

Still great fun and I had clean racing from all around me. Neil and Nils were flying today. Had quick little battles with Marco and Jean-Pierre but I was not consistant to stay with them.

Thanks to Neil for events and cheers to racers, grats to winners.

GTR 2 - 1994 DTM Sprint Night @ Avus on Monday 9th MAY

1st event in a trial to test this mod out with a view to running a small season of DTM races, tonight we will run with the class II cars.

Cars:
1994 DTM mod class II (switch cars for each race)
Track:
Avus
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Weather: Dry

Start Type: Standing
Date: Monday 9th May
Practice
1: 18:00 GMT
Practice 2: 19:00 GMT
Qualification: None (luck of the draw, straight to race)
Warm-up:
19:10 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 19:15 GMT 4 races of 12 laps each
(no practice session 1 for race 2, 3 & 4)

If you can only manage one or two races then no problem just drop into the gtr2 teamspeak channel and we will let you know when the next race is going to start.

Note: Cars will be assigned upon sign up as you will drive all cars in the class for this event.

Class 2:

BMW E36 DTM v1.0
BMW M3 Sportevolution
Ford Mustang v1.0
Mercedes 190E Evo2 v1.0

Server settings:
Fuel & Tyres: normal
Mechanical damage: timescaled

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:

1. Nils Norberg - BMW E36 DTM v1.0
  2. Neil Gault - BMW M3 Sportevolution
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver

Really Neil ? I was planning to participate and download the mod and track
Definitive RIP for this one or definitive RIP for GTR2 Racing Club ? I'd really be sorry as I just began !

Definate rip for my involvment and participation in the RD GTR2 club with the RDGTC league moving to a Monday it pulled another couple of our regulars away so fook it enough is enough, no point in racing with 6 or 7 guys but there are plenty of good GTR2 races to be had at both race 2 play and pilsbierbude both with full grids.

Nothing to do then ... I'll just keep an eye on GTR2 Racing Club to see if it comes to life again !

Thanks for what you did until now ( even though I just participated twice ! ) and good races elsewhere !

On RD, I'll have to go to the Race Series Racing Club now I'm quite totally ready with this series online.

All I can say at the moment is thanks very much for all the work you put in to keeping this club alive. You did a brilliant job & kept me & other entertained with your choices. Lets hope we can keep it alive as this is without doubt a cracking sim.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%