Old Racing Club threads

2006-Porsche-911-997-GT3-Cup-SA-1280x960.jpg

We are setting up some races for the coming saturdays in december 2009.

When there are sufficient drivers and enough interest we will continue in the next year.

The races will be held on saturdays. (X-mas let it be X-mas)

Upcoming saturday we'll hope to held a race (our first race) on Spa with the Porsche GTR3 cup.

Servername : RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTR2

Class
: Porsche GT3-cup
Track : Spa-Francorchamps GP 2004
Weather: Dry

Event start :20:00 GMT.

Practise : 20 minutes
Qualification : 20 minutes
Warm-up : 5 minutes
Race : 20 laps

Notes: about 45 minutes race with a mandatory pitstop, and standing start.

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We'll hope to see a lot of you.

Hi,

Can somebody help me? I have connection problems with the server.
It's is the first time tha I play this game online. I have GTR2 V1.1
When I created my new user name and accept it, it say: Faild registration, cannot connect you with server.

Has somebody a idea and solution for this error?

thx,

:rainbow: Pleasant evening for my 1st time.

Thanks to all and well done Bob for your 2 wins ! :drink:
I'll have to find why I had 2 blackscreen for 5 seconds in the last race. I'll check for next time.

Had a pleasant evening on a fun track, with a bunch of great race drivers:)

Gratulations to Hutcho for winning both races.

Myself got problems with damage on the cars, 1st race at the start, did I go into the rear bumper at car in front, I am so sorry, it was very clumsy of me, and car behind went into my rear, it was not much damage, but enough to make car hard to turn left with.
Ended 4th and had a great battle with Patrice during the race.

2nd race did I go off track very early, and front suspension went very damaged, shame on me:mad:

Also very nice to have 2 new guys on the grid, both where doing very well, and had impressive pace on the track.

Thanks Neil and R-D for the event.

c ya at next race

Well guys, that was a good fun evening of racing.

Cadwell, very nice track but very tricky in some places. I had good pace so all I had to do was keep it on track.

Race 1, got a good start only to see Patrice losing the back end so into the lead I went. I started on softs all round, which was a bit of a gamble but sometimes they pay off. The first part of the race I just went for it knowing I might have to back off near the end due to tyre wear. This was the case & my 3/4 second lead started to be closed down by Jean, who had been there the whole race. Last few laps he really closed in & by the last lap was on my tail but I knew if I placed the car right, didn't make any mistakes I could hold on for the win. I did but it was close, Jean trying to get a good exit from the last turn in which he spun. Nice driving there Jean.

Race 2, after the restart I was second from last, I think I need to change my name so I can get a better grid slot on a random grid, lol. So off we go & I tuck in behind Nils who has Neil infront of him. I then have to give way to Marco & now have to keep an eye on Steve. After a lap or 2 Steve goes to check out the scenery & a couple of laps more Marco makes a mistake at the last turn trying to get round Nils. As Nils is trying to get round Neil, not an easy task, I manage to slip by but only to get hung out to dry by Neil & so Nils is by again. A lap or two later Nils looses it big time into the tyres just before the last cornner so I'm back trying to get by Neil. After several laps I finally manage to clean pass & set off after Jean & Patrice who are fighting it out. After Jean makes a small mistake I catch Patrice then a few laps after Patrice makes a small mistake & into the lead I go. This I manage to hold as there are only the 3 of us left to finsih the race. Well done guys for bringing it home.

Thanks to Neil who once again gave us a great car/track combo. Thanks to Nils for the admin & thanks to all that showed up to race, wd.

That was indeed a very nace evening.

First race I made a very good qualifiing but unfortunately I made a very bad start and left in 3th place. A few corners later I went of the track. Later in that race I had a very nace battle with Nils but when we were going into the last lap I made a mistake and finished 5th.

race 2, I had lucky with my start position, cause me quali time was terrible. I had a bad feeling with the car. So, I started from pole and managed to keep this till Bob came and was pushing so hard I made a mistake.

Beside all this, Thx for the nice races!!

And congrats to Bob!!

GTR 2 - GT night @ Barcelona on Monday 25th April

Cars: GT class (switch cars for race 2)
Track:
Barcelona
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Weather: Dry

Start Type: Standing

Date: Monday 25th April
Practice:
18:00 GMT
Qualification: 19:10 GMT
Warm-up: 19:25 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 19:30 GMT 2 races of 30 minutes each
(no practice session for race 2)
if you can only manage one race then no problem just drop into the gtr2 teamspeak channel and we will let you know when race 2 is going to start.

Server settings:
Fuel & Tyres: x2
Mechanical damage: timescaled

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:

1. Neil Gault
  2. Nils Norberg
  3. Marco Sbordoni
  4. Jean-Pierre Blanchy
  5. Patrice De Rijck
  6. Jack Smith