RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Information - Please Read!

We're running a special event this Saturday, in the form of the Portimao Grand Prix! The race will feature the full race distance and will require all drivers to make at least one pit stop, so ensure you know how to do so before race night. The special rules for this race are as follows:

1) As usual, this event is open to all comers regardless of experience or ability level.​
2) The event will use full Grand Prix race distance, making it 66 laps in total.​
3) All drivers must make a mandatory pit stop during the pit window, but additional pit stops are allowed at any time.​
4) All drivers must change all four tyres during their mandatory pit stop.​
5) There is no requirement to use different compounds during the race.​

Hi all
Wow 66 laps,
I will probably be lapped 10 times in 66 laps!
However if you all don't mind dodging the KIWI moving chicane count me in.

If OK with you all I will select a number tomorrow when I am at my sim PC
Otherwise more than happy for you to assign me a FAST number.

Thanks and best wishes
Bob

Good idea pointing me to the Race room store ( I never thought of that)

I would like the monster energy # 22 please.

I read the blurb on the store page re :
"The screaming V10 engine gives fantastic straight line speed, and the high tech downforce configuration allows you to carry more speed into corners than any other vehicle in RaceRoom. This is truly a lightning bolt, and it will take practice and a skilled driver to safely pilot it near the limit."

Now, if only all the other competitors could be limited to a formula V or slower car, and I can drive this one perhaps I might only be lapped 5 times?

Best wishes
Bob

#3 for me please.

Pit lane entry; is that after the last corner or the road running on the inside adjacent to the last corner? Also, the pit speed limit starts very early, almost on the actual track. Should we just go with what the game tells or is the pit line further up the pit entry? I cant seem to figure out which.

Last edited:
Ok, I’ll keep looking at the forum then, I thought everything would be on SGP now on! :)
Only two of our five racing clubs are fully supported, so that is some way off yet.

Should we just go with what the game tells or is the pit line further up the pit entry?
The speed limit warning appearing doesn't mean you are in the limit zone. It appear before that to give you advance warning. Try a singleplayer race and see where you get a penalty to confirm the actual limit line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 119 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years