RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to have you back!

Talking of TC, what settings does everyone use? I ended up sticking with 100% and for the first time in many months had a completely clean evening, but I always remember @Derek44 saying that any TC takes power away so will ultimately make you slower that you would be if you can manage it yourself. And I was definitely slower out of slow corners than most last night. Although that could be the AMG! Thoughts/help welcome!

I imagine it partly comes down to talent and partly down to equipment. And I should stress when mentioning talent that I also used 100% TC for both races, and rarely use anything but 100% TC in GT3 cars. What Crespi says will undoubtedly be true, in that lower TC can give a driver the potential to be faster, but it is only potential.

I doubt I'm good enough on my current equipment to drive the car at the same pace at anything under TC 80%, so I stick with 100% and learn to drive the car quickly on that basis. It was good enough for 2nd in the first race. I say keep it safe and potentially slower on paper in the knowledge that anything can happen in the race. A clean race is the priority.

On equipment - I only have a Logitech G29. Whilst a perfectly acceptable wheel, the FFB is not particularly detailed. So for me being able to judge the car's behaviour before it's too late on a lower TC becomes difficult. I think it's true that more expensive equipment does not automatically make you faster. But more detailed FFB does allow you to learn and explore a car's limits on lower TC a lot quicker, and more consistently, than you can on cheaper equipment.

On equipment - I only have a Logitech G29.
Does the G29 come with the same pedals as the older G25/G27? I've been using my G27 pedals for eight years or so, and they're still going strong. Upgraded to a T300 a few years back but kept the G27 pedals (with a simple brake mod) because the T300 pedals are bovine excrement. Still got the G27 kicking around as backup.

Does the G29 come with the same pedals as the older G25/G27? I've been using my G27 pedals for eight years or so, and they're still going strong. Upgraded to a T300 a few years back but kept the G27 pedals (with a simple brake mod) because the T300 pedals are bovine excrement. Still got the G27 kicking around as backup.

I believe they're the same pedals, just a different material on the pedal faces.

I don't mind the pedals, and you can't fault Logitech for build quality. The brake pedal is horrendous on AC and ACC- practically have to roundhouse kick the pedal to get any kind of performance. Only seems to be on those games for some reason.

I believe they're the same pedals, just a different material on the pedal faces.

I don't mind the pedals, and you can't fault Logitech for build quality. The brake pedal is horrendous on AC and ACC- practically have to roundhouse kick the pedal to get any kind of performance. Only seems to be on those games for some reason.
I agree with this one, having same wheel as you. If I'm only in thin socks in ACC, my left foot starts hurting after some time. :roflmao:
On topic of R3E, I find brake pedal being very good for my left foot. But right foot is to heavy:D, so I need to use less than 50% throttle sensitivity/linearity in settings.

I was hit from the back by someone in the white BMW in R1 and hit the car in front of me, spinning us all around. I carried on driving and didn't think I was the one that would need to wait...I hope I was correct.

Apologies if I was meant to.

Was fun racing otherwise.

See you all next week :)

I was hit from the back by someone in the white BMW in R1 and hit the car in front of me, spinning us all around. I carried on driving and didn't think I was the one that would need to wait...I hope I was correct.
Yes, you were correct. You did not create the incident, and were therefore not required to wait for the person you were punted into. :thumbsup: In this case, whoever started the incident should have waited for both of you.

Last edited:
Well, I should be at this event. I should be feeling much better now that the bladder cancer treatment is over "once again". I see no point of going into detail except some of you or most of you will probably already know such treatment can you leave you feeling rather ill—side effects.
It's been months since I've been able to get into any SIM racing at all. Now and again, when I get a good day that I felt like doing any practising. Leaderboard stuff mainly.
So count me in please Ross I should start to feel better buy this event time.

I have been too tired been too ill been to too much.
Anyway here is a couple of samples of my setups for this particular event. A bit late for this one but they may work in some capacity for the rest of the events.
PS. Hot lap setups.

Attachments

• 2020-04-09_04-27-08_bmw_m6_gt3.svm
    6.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2020-04-10_06-54-22_callaway_corvette_c7_gt3-r.svm
    6.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 2020-04-11_08-05-25_mercedes_amg_gt3.svm
    7.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 2020-09-24_12-33-18_mercedes_amg_gt3.svm
    7.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 2020-09-25_03-29-47_callaway_corvette_c7_gt3-r.svm
    6.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Well, I should be at this event. I should be feeling much better now that the bladder cancer treatment is over "once again". I see no point of going into detail except some of you or most of you will probably already know such treatment can you leave you feeling rather ill—side effects.
It's been months since I've been able to get into any SIM racing at all. Now and again, when I get a good day that I felt like doing any practising. Leaderboard stuff mainly.
So count me in please Ross I should start to feel better buy this event time.
Sorry to hear that Calv - sounds horrendous! Hope u stay on the mend and feel well enough to get back racing. Look after yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%