RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing, big big sorry to @ScanScan for race 2. I misjudged your position and went for part of track that I shouldn't have, in slow left after big pileup. :(
Second, congrats @Jan Larsen , that was super pace all evening. :thumbsup:
Other then that, did anyone hear me on teamspeak in race 2? I was talking after the race but it doesn't seam that anyone heard me. :roflmao:
Anyway, I am not very fast in GT3 cars, but Q went very good and got P3. Then put 60% tc for start and more or less floored it, and went flying into first. Then after 2 laps I saw Jan catching me and instead keeping my rhythm I tried to find more pace. Result, spin in S1. Gifted place by Ross on last lap with you just losing rear in S3. Then survived pileup by going on outside, only to make big mistake mentioned above. Later had another spin, so all in all not a good night for me. I will be away and skip next 2 but I'll see you for last round on track. :thumbsup:

I've got to be honest, that was not up to the usual standard we see in the R3E club. Occasional accidents and shunts are part of racing, but there was far too much of that going on here for two short races. Some of it was just careless, and that's just what I saw up ahead as a driver. From what I heard on TS there was more, including people ignoring our Golden Rule.

I don't know if the switch to tin-tops has made people believe that less care is needed and a bit of barging is ok, because it's not. RD has an unwritten rule... rubbing is not racing. Series or not, this is still club racing and not a league. Gentlemanly conduct is expected. I hope to see a vast improvement next week.

First thing, big big sorry to @ScanScan for race 2. I misjudged your position and went for part of track that I shouldn't have, in slow left after big pileup. :(

No problem Sasha. I remember spinning after turn 3 at Zolder in the GTR4 championship and creating a KTM roadblock for you to smash into so this makes us even.

An enjoyable race overall. Congrats to Jan - very very fast pace throughout. Could only watch you drive off into the sunset in Race 1.

As always, thank you Goffik for arranging the race tonight. A combination of life getting in the way and a slight disinterest in R3E kept me away recently, but it's nice to be back here. Having spent a fair bit of time on other Sims recently I think R3E still takes some beating.

Thanks Goffik for arranging the race indeed.

Race 1 was quite good for me, finishing in P3. Somehow found the trick with these cars in qualifying and also had that speed in race 1,also got some luck with people spinning of in front of me.

Race 2, don't really know what happened there. The start was messy, in turn 6 I l unfortunately had a small accident with Sasha sending us both in a spin. My apologies for that one, didn't see you on the inside of me. After that I spun off a few laps later and was out of concentration, so just finished in p11. Could definitely tell I was a bit rusty after some busy times moving houses and not racing for a while.

Also my congratulations to Jan, outstanding pace in relation to the rest of the field!

I'm sorry guys, I haven't run for a long time. This has been my first race after about 5 months. I have noticed changes in the raceroom, especially with the TC, I was wrong, I set 5 instead of 2. The first race was a disaster, the second a little better but out of my previous level. I need to practice more.

Lovely bit of racing gents, was a pleasure :)

My car was awesome the whole time. Used the default setup with only slightly revised settings and focussed on getting the TC just right and it payed dividends with a nice, consistant car with good turn-in and very good exits and brakes. A car very easy to drive fast and consistant.

I had a poor getawayin race 1 with too much wheelspin, but luckily the guys infront all spun out and from there it was a straight cruise to the finish.

Race 2 and the reverse grid meant the very last grid spot. Another so so start meant I could judge the carnage ahead and managed to avoid it all to go from 14th (I think) to 6th after four corners. Picked up places one by one from spin avoidance to quality passes and by lap 10 I found myself in the lead. From there it was a matter of fast, consistant laps to the end.

Really pleased with the way things are going. Speed is coming back after all them years which I'm very happy about :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys, I haven't run for a long time. This has been my first race after about 5 months. I have noticed changes in the raceroom, especially with the TC, I was wrong, I set 5 instead of 2. The first race was a disaster, the second a little better but out of my previous level. I need to practice more.
Good to have you back!

Talking of TC, what settings does everyone use? I ended up sticking with 100% and for the first time in many months had a completely clean evening, but I always remember @Derek44 saying that any TC takes power away so will ultimately make you slower that you would be if you can manage it yourself. And I was definitely slower out of slow corners than most last night. Although that could be the AMG! Thoughts/help welcome!

Good to have you back!

Talking of TC, what settings does everyone use? I ended up sticking with 100% and for the first time in many months had a completely clean evening, but I always remember @Derek44 saying that any TC takes power away so will ultimately make you slower that you would be if you can manage it yourself. And I was definitely slower out of slow corners than most last night. Although that could be the AMG! Thoughts/help welcome!
Last night I tried to change TC first time in my life as I thought I was super slow out of Luffield. Changed only to 60%, as with any less I couldn't be sure I will keep it straight. In races it was good, all 3 spins I had I did under braking without throttle applied. :(

My races were ok, but my tires were colder on the right side so I was trying working on tire pressure, but I could not find a way to change it by side, is it not possible to change pressure tire by tire or I am missing something?
About the carnage in the second race I watched a replay from different cars, and I think it was a combination of few drivers having a better start from the back and some driving errors.

The amount used is going to be car dependent. In the Corvette I never used more than 20% while racing (30% for the start of race 2) and the car was incredibly stable, yet when practicing in the Merc I needed at least 35-40% to keep the rear in check. Other cars I tried needed anywhere from 0% to 60% to achieve the same result.

It'll also likely depend on the track, so will change each race. Best bet is to practice before each event and find the best TC value for your car for each track.

The TC does indeed work by cutting power. In R3E the percentage you set is the amount of throttle the TC can cut when wheelspin is detected. So yeah, at 100% the system can literally cut all power completely, leaving you wallowing out of corners.

is it not possible to change pressure tire by tire or I am missing something?
By default the setup screen will change the values on both sides to keep them the same. But by holding a key while changing them (I forget which) you can change individual values on just one side. I believe the key is listed on the right side of the setup screen itself.

Last edited:
Results01.png

R2.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts.racedepartment.com

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - GTR 3 Series
Cars: GTR 3
Track: Red Bull Ring - Grand Prix

Saturday 03/10/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:35 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 19:55 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)

GTR 3: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - Callaway Corvette #0
  2. ScanScan - Mercedes AMG #88
  3. Port1s - Mercedes AMG #14
  4. Luca Antinori - Audi R8 LMS #29
  5. Jan Larsen - BMW M6 #60
  6. Calvyn White - Bentley Continental #17
  7. cagivariver - BMW M6 #15
  8. Morne Du Plooy - McLaren 650S #88
  9. PurgerUK - Callaway Corvette #13
  10. IlPaoletto - ??
  11. Steve Le Gallez - Porsche 911 GT3 #9
  12. Antmerino - Callaway Corvette #31
  13. Mettiti - BMW M6 #101
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot

UTP#42

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment GTR 3 Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up! Details of the calendar are as follows:

26/09/20 - Round 1: Silverstone - Grand Prix
03/10/20 - Round 2: Red Bull Ring - Grand Prix​
10/10/20 - Round 3: Imola - Grand Prix​
17/10/20 - Round 4: Spa Francorchamps - Grand Prix​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Our regular club rules are still in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish the race. It's just good sportsmanship and shows respect to your fellow drivers.​
3) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. It's up to you if you race in each round or not.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.​
5) Every driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your chosen car and number when you sign up.​

Standings

Standings01.png

Previous Results

Results01.png

Crew Chief
Download Here

As stated in the OP, RaceDepartment strongly advises the use of Crew Chief during all of our events. It's free to download, installs in seconds, and is very easy to use. While it has a myriad of features, it's primary use for our purposes is that it gives you a spotter during races. You will be warned with an audio message whenever a car is alongside, telling you which side it is on, and also when you are clear. This is a massive aid to awareness, especially for those not in VR, and actively reduces the number of unnecessary incidents while racing. Please, give it a try.

The TC does indeed work by cutting power. In R3E the percentage you set is the amount of throttle the TC can cut when wheelspin is detected. So yeah, at 100% the system can literally cut all power completely, leaving you wallowing out of corners.
Really helpful info - thanks! I'll def try this for the next race.

Good to have you back!

I used 80% throughout except for the start (which is a work in progress), not so much for throttle control, but much more for corner entry stability. Being able to absolutely mash the brake pedal while turning and gearing down agressively (like T6) really helps with laptime. The inevitable instability caused by agressive entries was solved with TC.
TC can hurt you out of corners yes, but only if you use it to much. If you modulate the throttle like you would without TC, it can actually help you, balancing the car nicely out of corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%