RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Internet glitched and my race was done. :( Wasn't able to reconnect to spectate.

Something was up here too. Everytime I got close to the car in front of me or when the car behind closed the gap a little, my keyboard started flashing and I was getting big stutters and screen glitches, sometimes propelled back in time a couple tenths or suddenly full left into a wall. As soon as the car in front pulled away or I increased the gap to the car behind it stopped. Unplugged the keyboard during my pitstop and it stayed away. I initially thought internet connection as well.

Haven't seen anything like this and have not been able to reproduce the issue. May have had a run at something better than 5th but had to give up positions a few times while this was occurring.

Paul after session with Calvyn:
lightningspeed.jpg

I watched a car in front vanish, then reappear further down the track. Chalked it up to network latency.
My internet just quits - no connectivity at all. Usually comes back within a minute. That's OK for browsing the web, but fatal to online gaming.

line, input and setup for corvette
To me it looks like the steering input is exaggerated, with that amount of input it would seem to me two things under steer and excessive tire wear. I rarely go beyond 180, but maybe that is why I finish well behind you, I need to be more aggressive with my steering?

Last edited:
I noticed that too, but maybe the ratio is off virtually to his actual wheel movements? Or he's just like "crap it's not turning, need more wheel!"

Put me in the Group 5 #49 Greenwood Corvette for now.
I keep missing shifts in the Group C cars.
KO
I was having the same issues. Normally its because were trying to down shift to soon. The up shift needs to be smooth or it will do it too, but not as often. This is mainly a problem in the Nissan. Give the 964 a go, and see if you still have the same issue.

GTOs in this mix would be something.
Put me in the Group 5 #49 Greenwood Corvette for now.
I keep missing shifts in the Group C cars.
KO

GTOs were my first thought.

Try adjusting your clutch throw distance and bite point. It will help with the missed shifts.

In. Group 5 - Zakspeed Capri #55. Please and thank you.

I'm looking to redeem what could have been a good finish at Sonoma in this thing botched from a Pitstop error.

Last edited:
To me it looks like the steering input is exaggerated, with that amount of input it would seem to me two things under steer and excessive tire wear. I rarely go beyond 180, but maybe that is why I finish well behind you, I need to be more aggressive with my steering?
hmm hard to tell, maybe its as Dan said, its more about wheel settings in general
felt ok while driving :p
Another theory is that in this video i exchanged drift with early throttle and lower input for coast with higher one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%