RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said above, all you have to do for a drive-through penalty is drive through the pits. If you stop then that isn't a drive through is it? That's a stop-and-go. Hence it will not count towards the drive-through penalty.
The problem is that I didn't want to pit but the car pited on her own. Did I miss something about manual pit because I didn't find any such option?
And then when I exited the pit, crewchief told me that I still had to clear my DT. :O_o:
I guess I had to select it in the pit options like Bob did but I didn't realize there was this option, my bad.

Well, you would have been fast as hell even without that extra second eheh
Could you share the setup ? maybe 'd learn something out of that. thanks
Sure, here you go. Dont go below 2nd gear anywhere and only use 2nd for the tight hairpins, otherwise use 3rd for all the medium speed corners. Use 5th in T1. T4 should be flat or near flat. The BB is not an error, it stops and turns in better that way. TC on 2.
Fresh out of the pits it should do low 18's from the second lap onwards. Later in the stint it'll do 17's. Tires will be around 20% life when fuel runs out, any more and they drop off too much. 2 stop race.
Edit: just noticed my qually lap was 1.1 sec faster than the fastest time on the official leaderboard, so it definately works. For qual, just dump the fuel.

Attachments

• 2021-04-27_02-51-07_formula_raceroom_x-17.svm
    7.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Sure, here you go. Dont go below 2nd gear anywhere and only use 2nd for the tight hairpins, otherwise use 3rd for all the medium speed corners. Use 5th in T1. T4 should be flat or near flat. The BB is not an error, it stops and turns in better that way.
Fresh out of the pits it should do low 18's from the second lap onwards. Later in the stint it'll do 17's. Tires will be around 20% life when fuel runs out, any more and they drop off too much. 2 stop race.
Brilliant Jan, thank you so much for the setup and extra advice.
Skål ;)

Hi all
Sylvain
  • I also had my pit stop set to automatic.
  • As I pointed out before. for a DT I found if I had penalty in the Pit Stop menu highlighted green, the AI would simply drive through and clear the penalty
  • However if penalty was NOT green, the AI thinks, as Ross pointed out that you want to make a pit stop and will automatically stop refuel etc.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes
Bob

POSTER 02.png

Welcome to the R3E Racing Club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here
Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The use of Crew Chief is mandatory in our Club racing, as it adds an audio spotter which helps avoid unnecessary incidents. We also highly recommend that you join us on Discord and engage with your fellow drivers!

Saturday 08/05/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: GTR 3
Track: Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course

Practice: 18:00 UTC (50 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:50 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:05 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start

Warmup 2: 19:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 19:30 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start / Reverse Grid - Top 6

CLASS: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - C7 Corvette #77
  2. ko41 - C7 Corvette #69
  3. Bob Laycock - Porsche (2019) #98
  4. PorDallas - C7 Corvette #0
  5. PurgerUK - #??
  6. CruzCtrl - Bentley #8
  7. Steve Le Gallez - Bentley #17
  8. Jopamir - BMW #??
  9. Jean Jacques Martin - C7 Corvette #69
  10. PurgerUK - AMG #48
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

UTP#17

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I will be prepared for this eventuality now. :)
Sorry for this early departure yesterday.
Hi Yes it was a shame you missed it. It was lots of fun. Jan was extremely impressive. He lapped me even before I made my first pit stop. With my extended pit stop/drive through malarkey, I think he lapping me 5-6 times, I think he would have lapped me 4-5 even without my extended pit visit.

Best wishes
Bob

Yeah, I saw the quali time and there was some strong competition indeed! But then screwing the start big time (I really have to stop switching between paddle and pedal clutch) and not finding a way to do the DT, I just gave up! :laugh:

Sure, here you go. Dont go below 2nd gear anywhere and only use 2nd for the tight hairpins, otherwise use 3rd for all the medium speed corners. Use 5th in T1. T4 should be flat or near flat. The BB is not an error, it stops and turns in better that way. TC on 2.
Edit: just noticed my qually lap was 1.1 sec faster than the fastest time on the official leaderboard, so it definately works. For qual, just dump the fuel.
Definitely more stable than my setup, maybe I would not have had that one spin and made my way back up to 3rd :roflmao:.

I messed up my start and was almost last by turn 1. By the end of life of my medium tires I made up the 14 seconds to Steve as he was struggling with worn out tires. We both pitted at the same time, I took hards and enough fuel to make it to the end of the race. I don't know what Steve did on his pitstop besides strapping a jet engine to his car, he blew by me never to be seen again.
I put a set of softs on for the last 15 laps and almost caught Claes for third, thought I had 2 more laps to catch him, but saw the checkered flag come out....duh! oh yeah Jan was 2 laps ahead :rolleyes::D

Amazing setup Jan, feels like another car! I usually mess a lot w/ setups (with poor results...) and this time i resolved not to do it , just changed very few things from default. Yours, on the other hand, changed a LOT, and boy it feels (and drives) great, so much so that it achieved a kind of a miracle!! #1 in the LB! (I know you are not there yet eheh)
So I'll enjoy that for now and drink a beer on you Jan!
Cheers

Amazing setup Jan, feels like another car! I usually mess a lot w/ setups (with poor results...) and this time i resolved not to do it , just changed very few things from default. Yours, on the other hand, changed a LOT, and boy it feels (and drives) great, so much so that it achieved a kind of a miracle!! #1 in the LB! (I know you are not there yet eheh)
So I'll enjoy that for now and drink a beer on you Jan!
Cheers
Damn you!;)

Damn you!;)
I know it will be for a few hours only... but breaking that 1.18'' barrier down felt really good. Again, credit to Jan's setup, amazing feeling all over the track.
In the race i just couldnt brake with confidence at any time, I locked tyres seeeveeral times, a nightmare in fact (I had hards, but non the less, the car was unbalanced and weird). On Jan's setup, for me, its almost like a ballet dancing through those Algarve hills (Im a lousy dancer but my ex was a ballet teacher so I know what Im talking about ehehe).
Go there KO and show me my place (and Im expecting Calvyn will not take to long to do just that :whistling:)

I know it will be for a few hours only... but breaking that 1.18'' barrier down felt really good. Again, credit to Jan's setup, amazing feeling all over the track.
In the race i just couldnt brake with confidence at any time, I locked tyres seeeveeral times, a nightmare in fact (I had hards, but non the less, the car was unbalanced and weird). On Jan's setup, for me, its almost like a ballet dancing through those Algarve hills (Im a lousy dancer but my ex was a ballet teacher so I know what Im talking about ehehe).
Go there KO and show me my place (and Im expecting Calvyn will not take to long to do just that :whistling:)
I tried, that's all I have. :thumbsup:

Glad you (all) like it, just goes to show you can have a good car if you put time and effort into trying (and failing) before you reach something that works :)
For future races, forget about using medium or hards, they suck. Especially when softs would do a third of the distance making them an easy choice for a 2 stopper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years