RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was very enjoyable gents, fantastic racing.

Managed to stuff it on pole which I was somewhat surprised aboutsince my pace was so so I believed. Turned out to be enough by about a tenth.

Race 1: Poor start again which left me 3rd or so going into T1. Out of the corner of my eye I saw trouble starting, so I went a bit extra wide to try and avoid it. Got clipped a little in the rear and went sideways but managed to catch and set out catching Rory who emerged in the lead. Fairly quickly caught up, but for the life of me I couldnt get past. For the next 15 minutes I tried in nearly every corner, every lap, but the superior top speed and braking power of the Merc had me working hard. I was getting better exits in the last corner and T1 but I just couldnt get the timing right. I tried multiple times into T1 but Rory made life difficult for me with great defending. Tried the same thing into T3, still no bueno, same story. Managed to get a run on the outside on the exit of T3 a few times, still no luck.
Finally managed to get by with about 5 mins to go after a slight divebomb into T1 (a little bit late on the brakes) and some stout defending on the following straights. Managed to build a small gap which I held to the end for the win. Brilliant racing Rory, not often you get a near race long scrap like that :thumbsup:
Very honourable of you to give the lead back when our cars kissed at turn 6. A deserved win!
Thank you. Had it been a league race with prizes on the line I would probably have taken my chances with the stewarts on that one, but for a fun race like this, no chance. I divebombed you by accident (braked too late) and kinda moved you out of the way. That is not how I want to pass. :)

Race 2 and I had a shocker of a start. Forgot to put it in gear and went nowhere when the lights dropped. Result: dead last by some margin. Had trouble getting by the first few cars from misjugding their speed, but thankfully we didnt touch. Got up to 9th, then 7th when the two cars ahead both went wide. Passed a few more spinners to get up to 5th where I had Rory to deal with again. This time I managed to get by fairly quickly after a good pass around the outside in T3. Chased down Matt for a few laps and almost rammed him after misjudging his braking. Sorry if I ever so slightly hit you, I dont think I did. I had Rory on my mind when I saw your Merc Matt and expected you to brake as late as him. As it turned out, you didnt :D. With that knowledge, I went for it in T3 the following lap and made it stick. Tried to chase down Calvyn and Steven, but that was never going to happen, so I settled for 3rd. Congrats on the win Calvyn!

Do I remember someone saying RBR is boring? :D
Yeah, sorry :p. As I expected the racing was fantastic, but the track is still crap :p

Last edited:
Race 1: Got clipped a little in the rear and went sideways but managed to catch and set out catching Rory who emerged in the lead.

That was me, sorry. I was waiting for you further up the straight - was very pleased to see you'd held it and emerged first from the mess!

Chased down Matt for a few laps and almost rammed him after misjudging his braking. Sorry if I ever so slightly hit you, I dont think I did. I had Rory on my mind when I saw your Merc Matt and expected you to brake as late as him. As it turned out, you didnt :D. With that knowledge, I went for it in T3 the following lap and made it stick.

Yeh I've no idea how he did that. I can only assume it was brake balance! Although actually, I think I was trying a different braking line that lap and was surprised at how quickly it brought me up short of the corner. Yeh no contact at all.

@Jan Larsen you should join us on Teamspeak next time!

As for me, first race I was enjoying a tussle with LeGallez in 4th or 5th before I put too much power down in 1st at the top of T3 and pirouetted into the wall. Rejoined and finished 9th. R2 I had that ridiculous start (sorry all, have absolutely no idea how I did it!), and ran 1st for a while before yielding inevitably to Steve, Calvyn, and Jan. Had hoped to hold off Rory for at least a few laps and maybe bring it home in 5th, until my twitchy fingers decided to change down to 2nd for absolutely no reason on the fast left hander and I spun into the gravel. So two spins and two 9ths. Grrr. A frustrating night but still lots of fun and loads to learn from it.

Not sure about next week because I'm crap at Imola and I owe the family a Saturday, but will definitely be there for Spa.

Last edited:
Well I've just made an easy decision it's the Bentley again please Ross #17
I had used the Bentley before I did hold them lap record at Monza with it some time ago.
I don't know what it is, but this car works for me even on default I managed to get a reasonable time on the leaderboard for this event surprise surprise. Seriously I am surprised, no joke. But I'm alone way from the top, and I can't see myself getting much closer even with some tweaking.
But in my delusional little mind, I think I'm okay with making car setups so who knows something might click for improvement.
The car is heavy as a tank and kind of drives like one and doesn't stop as good as one. It does surprise me that is only 3 in the top 70 on the leaderboard. I guess it takes an exceptional talent to use these cars so I have no idea why I can be where I am as I have none what's so ever.
But I do have a lot of practice time and a considerable amount of luck, which has proved to be fruitful at times.

Last edited:
Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

BMW M6 #33, please

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back