RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cut limits in R3E are not set in stone. When you leave the track it tries to determine if any advantage was gained. Yes and you get a warning, no and you often get away with it. It means that cutting the inside of a corner is more likely to be penalised than running a bit wide on the exit though.

Of course, the system isn't perfect...

No advantage gained there yet I got a drive-through for it! But to be honest, if you just keep it between the lines then there's no issue. ;)
I know on YouTube that I did say yes, but I'm reality there's no way on earth you should have got a drive-through penalty.
Let's say, for instance, you had to be there because you were pushed there by another car. You had to be there to avoid an incident. Then what?
I remember not so long ago at Monza, I had to avoid an incident in front of me, so I had to go off track. For my efforts avoiding further chaos, I got punished with a drive-thru. Not only did I lose time for having the cut the track to prevent other incidents, I got punished with a drive-thru. So what should I do deliberately go into the chaos created in front of me?
Some do not like they're favourite SIM criticised. Race room is my favourite SIM, and I don't particularly appreciate having to criticise it. I have pointed this out to sector 3 several times for several things, but I have given up on that as I only have my post removed. It is my favourite SIM, and it has problems and as far as I'm concerned they are easy to see and need to be looked at more.
Track restrictions are miscalculated and at times somewhat random predominantly in conjunction with punishments. Since I've been playing this SIM (2 years-ish), there has been very little change in this area. The biggest one I find most odd is corner-cutting at Bathurst when you've just ploughed into a wall. Of course, I don't envy the people I have to figure out multiple scenarios. How on god's green earth do you calculate an incident like mine Monza. Mind-boggling stuff and well beyond my comprehension but all the same it is a critical factor when it comes to racing. It is essential for the realism that we all want but unfortunately, consistently overlooked. Love the sim from sector 3, but I'm not too fond of that, it will do attitude.:rolleyes: To me personally, it's the little things that make a great SIM not the quantity of content, not new cars or tracks but the core of the sim itself.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic. So here are some setups I made earlier in the week. They are not my best as most of my effort is gone into the Bentley.

Attachments

• 2020-09-24_12-33-18_mercedes_amg_gt3.svm
    7.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 2020-09-25_03-29-47_callaway_corvette_c7_gt3-r.svm
    7 KB · Views: 36
  • 2020-04-29_08-10-47_bmw_m6_gt3.svm
    7 KB · Views: 39
  • 2020-09-27_11-35-56_audi_r8_lms.svm
    7.4 KB · Views: 35
I know on YouTube that I did say yes, but I'm reality there's no way on earth you should have got a drive-through penalty.
Let's say, for instance, you had to be there because you were pushed there by another car. You had to be there to avoid an incident. Then what?
Hey, in an F3 race a few years back (which you may well have been in), I braked too hard and late going into a hairpin, swerved to avoid someone in front, lost the rear, and ended up flying over the apex of the hairpin backwards. Drive-through penalty! :roflmao: So yeah, the system doesn't always get it right. :p

Right, after another few laps I can safely say you need to drive conservatively because getting a track limit violation is incredibly easy and I hate tracks like that. I'm not critizising the track choice at all, it'll provide great racing, but man its frustrating to drive. Nuke the curbs, put sand, job done.

T1 is really a case of slooow in, fast out to go fast, and can someone tell me how to do T3 (the tight right) properly? Stuck between using 1st or 2nd gear. 2nd is faster if you get the line just right, but that so difficult.

Do I remember someone saying RBR is boring? :D

That was good fun! Had a few enjoyable battles in both races, as usual pace was better in the race than qualy so I finished quite well in R1. Was doing ok in R2 as well, following Jan and Rory and poking my nose in occasionally. Then I stuffed it all on my own in the last corner, had to wait for everyone else to pass before I could spin it back into the right direction. Made a few places as others went off, was closing on the guy ahead to get another, then stuffed it on my own again! :p Stuck in gravel, and too far behind to recover anything after that. But it was all enjoyable and that's what counts. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately in race 2 I was thrown off the server with 2 minutes to go.
Bad luck mate, but I'll give you points for finishing anyway as a small consolation. :)

Results02.png

Great fun in this very tricky circuit. Red Bull Ring was one of my favourite tracks in R3E but it is so difficult not to overdo. I had good fights both in the first and in the second races. In the second I had a very conservative :sleep: start than I had quite a long fight with @cagivariver

R3.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts.racedepartment.com

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - GTR 3 Series
Cars: GTR 3
Track: Imola - Grand Prix

Saturday 10/10/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:35 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 19:55 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)

GTR 3: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - Callaway Corvette #0
  2. Steve Le Gallez - Porsche 911 GTR 3 #9
  3. Calvyn White - Bentley Continental GT3 #17
  4. cagivariver - BMW m6 #15
  5. Luca Antinori - Audi R8 LMS #29
  6. ScanScan - Mercedes AMG #88
  7. Jan Larsen - BMW M6 #60
  8. Rick K - Callaway Corvette #69
  9. PurgerUK - Callaway Corvette #13
  10. JXCKG2003 - BMW M6 #20
  11. EireGreen™ - BMW M6 #33
  12. brc19 - Ford GT GT3 #41
  13. rustymoto - Mercedes AMG #1
  14. Morne Du Plooy - McLaren 650S #??
  15. Jopamir - BMW M6 #2A
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

UTP#24

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment GTR 3 Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up! Details of the calendar are as follows:

26/09/20 - Round 1: Silverstone - Grand Prix
03/10/20 - Round 2: Red Bull Ring - Grand Prix
10/10/20 - Round 3: Imola - Grand Prix​
17/10/20 - Round 4: Spa Francorchamps - Grand Prix​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Our regular club rules are still in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish the race. It's just good sportsmanship and shows respect to your fellow drivers.​
3) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. It's up to you if you race in each round or not.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.​
5) Every driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your chosen car and number when you sign up.​

Standings

Standings02.png

Previous Results

Results02.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%