RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hill climb cars too. That Benz is amazing! I’ve probably had my best raceroom online races in the silhouettes and hill climb icon cars. That would probably draw a crowd too

You'll have to remove my entry for the time being I'm afraid :(. What is the latest time you can sign up/join on race day? Virgin Media have announced engineering works in my area on the 25th and to expect loss of service :mad:. I'll have to sign up late in the day, providing I have an internet service. Apologies, Paul.

line, input and setup for corvette

Flogged the Corvette around Nürburgring tonight...…………………….can I switch my car to a FR X-90? :O_o:

I'm already a couple tenths down to Rad's ghost by 2 meters past the s/f line and it only gets worse from there.
At least he lets me catch up again a the s/f line; for a couple meters anyway.:D:roflmao::redface:

Flogged the Corvette around Nürburgring tonight...…………………….can I switch my car to a FR X-90? :O_o:

I'm already a couple tenths down to Rad's ghost by 2 meters past the s/f line and it only gets worse from there.
At least he lets me catch up again a the s/f line; for a couple meters anyway.:D:roflmao::redface:
He must be getting a good run out of the last turn.

Put me in the Group 5 #49 Greenwood Corvette for now.
I keep missing shifts in the Group C cars.
KO

Another thought though, you are using one of the 4 speed H-Pattern cars, is the mapping of your shifter device. i.e. Running the Capri 5 speed, I map Reverse where 1st should be, 1st where 2nd should be and so on. Since I'm in 1st the least, 2nd through 5th is a much more natural movement up and down with very little gate to move through. This may help.

If you watch Zakowski at the NurburgGP in the Zakspeed he moves up 1st through top gear 5th in the exact manner I referenced;

If you look at the Jim Pace videos I posted in the FR90 thread, he shifts one of the Lola the same way.

Many of these cars were using some form of Hewland STA or comparable Hoerr or something like that, which I believe offered this.

The Audi GTO used a factory Audi gearbox that came in the Quattro. IIrc it had a few things beefed up for competition and due to IMSA rules at the time, they simply took 1st gear out of the gearbox leaving it a 5 speed and called 2nd 1st and so on. When you watch Stuck, Haywood or Goodyear, those guys were masters as they didn't have the luxury of the dogbox style units the other cars/teams were using. They had to clutch it right both up and down.

try doing some drift runs around the track, helps getting used to the car and what you can and shouldnt do with it :rolleyes: you would be surprised how much you can push it

this and what other said :p

Like Felt hat said! The Vette is a competent car for sure. For me it was similar to the Monza. You have to step away a couple times, and when you come back to it, it will start to click. Drive with the rear wheels!

So, Tropical Storm Karen should be passing over/near us soon, so we'll see if I still have power, but it might just be more rain than anything. Just FYI if you see my car doing its best "DeLorean hit with 1.21 Jiggawatts" impression mid-race, you know why :cool:

1s6d2s.jpg

My Favorite. I could watch that 100 times! They don’t make em like that anymore. From the opening scene till the end it’s engaging. Sry I’m a bit of a movie buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%