Upcoming Events

Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTCC Monday.png

Welcome to our first ever WTCC Monday in R3E, what better place to kick off this club racing than on the infamous Australian mountain, Bathurst Circuit?

We can't promise any kangaroos, but the twisty and bumpy bits at the top of the mountain should offer challenge enough for most of us mere mortals.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RaceDepartment WTCC Monday 8th
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars pack(s): WTCC 2013
Track:
Bathurst Circtuit
Practice: 19:00 GMT - 60 mins
Qualifying:
20:00 GMT - 15 mins
Race:
20:15 GMT - 45 mins

Notice that all our Club Races are run on the Get Real difficulty mode. Furthermore you need to own the track we are running and at least one car from the class, you do not have to own any cars you are not going to race yourself.

Last edited:

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice
Premium
its actually quite common, heard about it few times
Its common enough that i developed for some time 90% throttle fear syndrome. Question is- with wrong calibration input graph would show 90% while i put pedal to the metal?
Yes, the same thing.

Solution: Control settings/Advanced settings/Throttle upper dead zone

100 percent to 80 percent

My best lap time before that setup was 1.44.4, at now immediately i did so easily 1.42.2 not even tried my best. Before this change, there was no way to drive that fast in any setup.

All these years, I wondered other drivers rate RaceRoom Leaderboard, since the difference between the top of which is normally approx. 3 seconds. If I remember correctly, the best place was 31 with 15 thousand drivers, even then there was a gap of 2 to 3 seconds to the top and I didn't understand how it was possible...now i do.

I have over 20 years experience of sim racing so sometimes it's hard to believe in the speed of other drivers. At now I do. Of course I do not practice every day, but when I drive Leaderboard laps I drive as fast as I can and I do a lot of laps, and always that stupid gap no matter how perfect lap :D

Or, maybe it is the Calvyn setup...hmm...lets see...

So is this race still on? I don't see the point of doing a 60 minute race with 4 people.:( And I won't be here this afternoon to check if the situation changes or not, so you might sign me out as well. It's such a shame that the interest for RR club races starts to die off just now, when they finally get it right with the physics and other small details...:(

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice
Premium
It seems that this track is too difficult for most of drivers, or what you think about this comment #2 by Lars Hansen

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/this-saturday-formula-race-slovakia-ring.173392/

I must disagree Lars, this track is so fun and challenging, so easy to make big mistakes and lost a lot of time on the sand or slow corners, but maybe they like more oval circuits etc easier and more famous tracks they already knew better?

Also FR2 is very good car, fast and easy to drive flat out so it is very well suited for racing club races.

But if people don't like it, so no can do. I either cannot see 1 hour race with only 3 drivers so i'm also out with my 1.41.8 laptime, so sad at now when i just found my full speed...so maybe later with F1. See you.

I will join this if there's later today more drivers than me plus 2, lets see. I'm ready.

FeltHat

Premium
No thanks:p just kidding....sure.
Maybe I need a rethink on Multiclass going forward?
3+ class race for a club is hard to pull off, you would need 20+ sign ups and even with numbers people tend to flock together. While id love to see more and more classes for events i think 2 is the way to go (my dream would be vln race with every car in the game :D)

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
Premium
I am looking at some fixed setup Mfg vs Mfg type events coming in October to mix it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.