RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I beat my previous best lap by 0.12 sec, but I was 0.9 sec slower through the first two sectors than my previous best lap :confused: darned if I can get that 0.9 back.:poop: :O_o:

KO
I spent a lot of time last night trying to get the car to do what I wanted. I am now withing sight of your time on the leaderboard for one of the cars (just behind you), but the darn car is skittish. I cannot tune out the skittishness enough to be able to turn fast times consistently.

The worst part of the track for me is the one part I can always make up time: The back chicane. Usually I can nail that chicane and use the curbs to help rotate the car but in this case the brakes cannot stop me fast enough to get a clean line. If I brake earlier I lose a lot of time.

I think part of my issue is the very tight track limits, seemingly unrealistic in some corners, and that is messing with me.

I do prefer a tighter car. Perhaps that is why I did so well at Road America...But that does not explain the Sonoma race...

Good thing is that the set-ups are transferable from one car to the other. I did most of my set-up in the V10 and then jumped into the V-8 and just loaded the V10 set up into the car.

I've only tried the V-8 so far.
Chicanes are my nemesis, if I nail the chicane then I throw it all away in Rivazza turns 15 and 16 either I understeer or I oversteer or I'm too fast in or too slow in or I just plain blow it any way I can. :confused::mad::cry::whistling::roflmao::O_o:

KO

I've only tried the V-8 so far.
Chicanes are my nemesis, if I nail the chicane then I throw it all away in Rivazza turns 15 and 16 either I understeer or I oversteer or I'm too fast in or too slow in or I just plain blow it any way I can. :confused::mad::cry::whistling::roflmao::O_o:

KO
You can make up a ton of time in the chicane. Mess with your dampers too try and get it to not bounce over the curb. Also, you can ride at least halfway up on them before you hit track limit. You need to be all the way wide before the first kink of the chicane, brake super hard so the car rotates a tad, and get your wheels all the way up on it. This will set you up nice for the second curb. If done correctly, you will be right up to those rumble strips after the chicane. Carry your speed wide on the run off portion of the track, then gradually come back on.:)

You can make up a ton of time in the chicane. Mess with your dampers too try and get it to not bounce over the curb. Also, you can ride at least halfway up on them before you hit track limit. You need to be all the way wide before the first kink of the chicane, brake super hard so the car rotates a tad, and get your wheels all the way up on it. This will set you up nice for the second curb. If done correctly, you will be right up to those rumble strips after the chicane. Carry your speed wide on the run off portion of the track, then gradually come back on.:)

Sounds easy enough.:):ninja: I'll give it a go.:thumbsup:

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Sign me in with question mark.
giphy-2.gif

Done:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.7%