Old modding thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel vd Aa

AC Paint Guru
Here you can post anything mod related for ETS2.
Here is a small tutorial that will help you get underway:
All moddable stuff is located in the base.scs file located in the ETS2 root folder. Copy this file to a temporary folder. Next you will have to download the scs extractor: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/ets2-scs-file-extractor.294/viewfile
Copy the extractor to the same folder as where you copied the base.scs file.
Then open a command prompt and use the folowing command: scs_extractor archive.scs [output_path]
The tool goes to work and extracts all gamefiles.
Once the files are extracted you can then check out all the different files and edit them. I will go more in depth on what you can do here and how to put mods back ingame once the game is released.

The next step is offcourse to get the files you edited back into the game. For this you will need winrar. For every file you mod you will have to keep the folder structure the file is located in. For example if you edited the trucks color.dds you will need to to add the following folders to the archive: :\vehicle\truck\truckname\color.dds. So there is no need for you to repack the entire base.scs file. When editing files from the def archive you will have to include the def folder aswell.
Once you have created the folders and file structure you need to use winrar to add it to an archive. Use the following options:

ets2%20mod%20packing%20options.jpg

You can use every name you want for the archive, just make sure you save it as a zip file. Once the archive is completed you will have to rename the zip extension to scs. When that is done you can then copy the archive to C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod and it is added ingame.

I have extract the base, and made some changes. Now how we put it in the game?
I want to change the sound, so inside cabin is the same with external. Maybe you can help me.
Thx anyway.

P.S. Any idea how to remove the check machine noise? You know the one that rings every time a driver of yours earns some money..... Its really bad!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%