Old FSR articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After mysterious circumstances took place Born2Win hereby announces its return into the FSR World Series.
After a humble 3 years and 4 weeks of silence (averaging the lifetime of a standard hamster), it's time to celebrate the glorious return of Born2Win (for the uneducated, the old Homepage: koti.mbnet.fi/born2win ).
b2w_logo.jpgAt this point no doubt some of you, especially the pre 2007 ducks, might already feel the urge to choke or spill your coffee on the keyboard. However, for the sake of your health it has to be pointed out that the reborn Born2Win will enter the combat area with somewhat refined guns. Whilst the award-winning "2FAST4U" phrase remains Born2Win's core essence, the team will this time put its main focus on track, and especially on its precious development programme for young sim racing talents - after all, driver development is what the team has been all about. And as you probably already deduced from the placing of this article, Born2Win will serve as an extension to the "big devil", Precision Motorsports, through selective co-operation and integrated talent development.

Press_34.jpg

Whilst the formalities have been dealt with, it's now time to present the car and then newborn Born2Winners. The team's first ever painted car, hereby known as B2W-B42, features a streamlined silver-blue scheme, bringing a scent of history and modern era (read: 2010) in the same package. Kudos to the painter Juan Diego. As first official pilots, the team can proudly announce Jeffrey Rietveld, Sergio Casalins and Christiaan Burgel, all henceforth taking part in the FSR World Series. Rietveld is no doubt the perfect candidate to fit the team's image, having already been a contender in numerous leagues and gifted with a humble attitude despite of a young age. As a complementing force, Casalins will provide long-term perspective into the team, being an avid racer in FSR since 2006 and having proven his pace numerous times on the highest level. With the above line-up, Born2Win will make its long-awaited re-entrance on Saturday 14th August in the FSR World Series Hungarian race, a moment you ought not to miss.

Press_35.jpg

To end with, some history will do. Born2Win (2006-) was founded by a number of teamless sim racers, with the core management consisting of John-Eric Saxén as representing team manager and current Precision Motorsports manager Ondrej Kuncman. Other notable former Born2Winners (all multiple race winners) include Machiel Schönbeck, Deniz Acarlar, Domagoj Malezic, Gianluca Menna, Brendon Davis, Petter Kaasa and Janos Magasrevy.

Press_33.jpg

Born2win soon after its founding became well known of its open attitude towards sim racing, which brought the team several avid followers and readers. The highlights of its existence was marked by several unforgettable race victories, organized championship series and test events, culminating into the release of the widely respected F1 Challenge setup pack. At the peak of its era, Born2Win was unfortunately struck by loss of funding, which prevented entrance into the FSR World Championship. Reluctantly, several talents escaped to opponent teams and the team slowly dissolved into a state of oblivion... only to come back stronger 3 years and 4 weeks later.

Ondrej Kuncman commented:
"I have been playing with the idea of re-opening B2W since last season but quite frankly there wasn't a reason to do so. Now, 7 races before end of 2010 season we have to start looking to even strengthen our lineup. In Precision Motorsports we are not willing to take any risks regarding for us uknown drivers and that's where Born2Win steps in. The selected drivers will be under scrutiny in the next 3 months and the most suitable ones will get a contract with PM for 2011. If you think you have what it takes and would like to race in PM in the future, contact us."

John-Eric Saxen commented:
"As former manager of Born2Win I I honestly did not expect this day to come, but naturally I am excited to read this piece of news and looking forward to see the renewed team in action. Born2Win involved a lot of cunning concepts, some of them dare I say "revolutionary" to the sim racing community, but due to limited pocket and time all the awesomness undeservedly died. The backing-up from Precision Motorsports will no doubt give the team better tools to fulfill its new goals and hopefully some of the old "überness" remains (by that I don't mean our old drivers). But enough of talk, time to get on track and bring the virtual trophies home."

Sergio Casalins commented:
"It´s a pleasure for me to start a new era in my simracing career entering this team. It was a year of bad luck, with a lot of lost opportunities and I feel that I can turn this around working with a great team. For sure we will do our best to reach our goals."

Jeffrey Rietvield commented:
"It's great to join this team. The team was/is very good in the past and I and my teammates will try to be just as good or maybe even better."

If you want to join the Drivers development programme or Precision Motorsports please send your application here

Born2Win
Official Press Release
www.precision-motorsports.de

newsimage1_20100423220817.jpg
On July 17th, at Hockenheim, Dimitri De Matos reached his second win of the season in FSR World Series 2010, the third in a row for GhostSpeed. Dimitri started from pole position, led most of the race, did the race fastest lap and ultimately won the race to conclude a perfect round for him. He was accompanied very well by all his teammates, with Stephane Rouault completing the podium in 3rd while Marco Conti finished in 4th and Karim Wezenberg in 6th. This was the strongest showing of GhostSpeed in 2010. Later penalties demoted Karim to 10th and disqualified Marco because of misunderstandings of the track limits in a bad designed corner exit. Nevertheless, it was still the best overall race of the team in 2010 where all the drivers deserve the credit.

A day later, on July 18th, the World Trophy and World Championship races were held. In the FSR AutoGP World Championship, everything started well with Jeffrey Rietveld and Dimitri De Matos, making their debut, achieving 7th and 8th respectively in the qualification session. In the race though, everything went wrong. Dimitri had an unfortunate incident derived from a lag hit that destroyed his race and later caused him to retire. And again, a lot of drivers were caught breaching the track limits and Jeffrey was one of them, that resulted in a disqualification removing his 11th position race finish.

In the World Trophy, things went wrong with Ferry Koek and Mark Aalberts, with Ferry retiring from the race early and Mark not being allowed to take part in the race after missing the allocation period.

Now, after the long summer break, the team is revved up again and getting ready to do his best to reach greater success in the upcoming back-to-back rounds of Hungaroring and Spa-Francorchamps.

GS_FSRWS2010_Hockenheim_Dimitri.jpg

Know more at GhostSpeed.net
Facebook page: Become a Fan
Twitter page: Follow Us

Here is the highlights package from round 12 of the Auto GP World Championship.

Thanks to Jack Nicholls for recording the commentary, Patrick de Wit for the cams, Henri Viirok, and all the guys who helped with the track.

SPA-Flyer-FSR010.jpgThe FSR paddock has moved to the great Spa-Franchorchamps in Belgium to conduct round #13 of the 2010 season - tonight!
Live Broadcast starts at 17:00GMT and again you can watch & win, with free entry!
190€ are waiting to be taken!
Please make sure you follow the instructions.

The track pre-view article with useful information is here.
The allocation list for the race is here.
Might also want to remember that Hähnel and Tali have a pitlane start.

Good luck!

site_logo.png

“Thanks to FSR’ sponsors, AutoGP.org, Allrace.net, PartyPokerRacing.com, GTOmegaRacing.com – we can present the AutoGP Formula Sim-Racing World Championship Press Conference…”

“Precision Motorsports Bono Huis won the Belgium Grand Prix, finishing second for GhostSpeed Racing Team was Dennis Hirrle. Rounding out the podium was SB Motorsprts Mikko Puumalainen.”

Q: “Bono, how was your race?”
Bono Huis: “It was a nice race, when I passed Dennis in lap 4 I could make a nice gap. I went for a 2 stop strategy, Dennis did one less stop just like Hungary. Actually it was a very similair race to Hungary. I had to pass Dennis on track to win this race and I managed that. He stayed out quite long so I could make a comfortable gap with the fresher tyres, then I reacted to his pitstop. I pitted a lap later and rejoined on P1, and then it was just bringing the car home.”

Q: “Once again Dennis was on a different strategy to you, and this time you were not able to close the gap in as fast as Hungary, did you think he was a serious threat for the victory?”
BH: “In the first stint I was some tenths a lap faster than him so I wasn’t too worried. After passing him in lap 22 we both had to make 1 more stop so he wasn’t a big problem.”

Q: “With no Bruno Marques taking part you definitely took the opportunity with both hands, 74 point lead with 5 races to go. Surely this is now your championship to loose.”
BH: “It is a really big gap, but everything can happen so we just have to wait and see.”

Q: “Rumours in the paddock are suggesting that your participation for the Monza race is uncertain, would you like to comment on this?"
BH: “Yes, I will be on vacation and I will come back on the day of the race so I don’t have a lot of time to test for Monza. I don’t expect a very good result there, but let’s wait and see.”

Q: “Dennis, how was your race?”
Dennis Hirrle: “Starting from second after a good qualifying session was very good, and I was able to pass Bono in the first lap and then lead the race. Not for long though, Bono was a tad too quick. Not as much as in Hungary I feel, but still. No point in fighting for the win yet so I tried to secure another second place, I let Prevot pass me to save some fuel and engine behind him which turned out to be unnecessary in the end. My one stop strategy worked out nicely and despite my performance slightly dropping in the second stint, I finished second without any major issues. Good result again.”

Q: “Your now knocking on the door for your first win of 2010. Can you do it?”

DH: “Of course Hähnel and Tali started from the pit lane in this race and showed a great race speed, and Marques and Greco didn’t even take part, so it will be more difficult in normal circumstances. Monza isn’t exactly a great track for me and I think it also suits Precision’s car better than ours, but we’ll see. I’m happy with the development so far and a victory is not so far away, but it’s very close at the top and a result depends on so many factors, starting with the qualifying session.”

Q: “Are you planning to continue in the racing seat for 2011?”
DH: “It is a possibility, but I don’t know yet. I think I will wait and see if there’s a good offer from a team."

Q: “Monza – another track with long straights and low wings. Your car was working well with low wings, so you could get a third podium of the season there!”
DH: “I think I’ve never won in Monza before, it’s not exactly a track made for me. But that doesn’t count. We should be up there somewhere and as I said before, a good result depends on many factors. We’ll wait and see.”

Q: “Mikko, how was your race?”
Mikko Puumalainen: "Bitter sweet. After the season I've had, a podium should feel great, but I feel I had a really bad performance today. During testing I had good pace with an aggressive 1 stop strategy, but during the race I switched to a "safe" 2 stopper which almost dropped me to 5th. This was the first time I made a strategy change during the race and it was probably the last as well."

Q: "Maybe you need to reconsider your words from last week. Another podium for you, 16 point gap now to fourth.”
MP: "Hehe, maybe. Looking at the remaining races however, the only tracks I'm looking forward to are as follows: Suzuka and Interlagos, so 2 out of 5 aren’t very promising."

Q: “Do you expect similar in terms of the grid at
Monza. Another low wing circuit.”
MP: "Monza is a track where traction and braking stability are very important, both of which we know are Precision's main strengths. However, with Bruno Marques and David Greco returning to action, I believe they will be capable of challenging for the victory. Personally I'm aiming for a top 8 finish."

Q: “Being in a very close battle for the constructers championship. GhostSpeed, yourselves and Mak-Corp being separated by less than 100 points, can you get third in the championship?”

MP: "Karol and I set this goal during the pre-season, but obviously Precision's early dominance (and our struggles) made it very difficult. However, if we can both maximize our performances in the last races, then I believe we have a chance."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back