Tracks Okayama [W.I.P] scratch made

Even Formula 1 was there. It was in 1994 and 1995. Schumacher still holds the record with 1:14.023 from the race. Pole position has won legendary Ayrton Senna with 1:10.218 (so Super GT are still far off those times, 8 seconds I think :) ), even it`s my favorite series.

New update, grass around the track is almost done, only in last sector on the inside is missing, sand is in place, access roads are half way done, and walls are in place (but needed to be cut off on some places, thats not a big deal), armco is still to come. That middle sector, where it all intersects, its pretty demanding to seal with, to spot on all the heights. But eventually I will overcome all issues :)
Some images:
ok8_1.jpg

ok8_2.jpg

ok8_3.jpg

ok8_4.jpg

Even Formula 1 was there. It was in 1994 and 1995. Schumacher still holds the record with 1:14.023 from the race. Pole position has won legendary Ayrton Senna with 1:10.218 (so Super GT are still far off those times, 8 seconds I think :) ), even it`s my favorite series.

This is a great track Mitja, keep up the great work, we need more Japon tracks since they are all very challenging and fun to drive.

According to my previous post, I did a simpler example of clean splines, but the result is the same. Cannot get rid of those two triangles on both sides. Anyone knows how and why are there in the first place?
Here is how it looks like:
ok8_8_loft.jpg

ok8_8_loft2.jpg

Last edited:
Work is going on.
Whats done:
- curbs, which are 100% accurate to original ones, even iRacing cannot compare here (looots of work on those ones)
- concrete run off areas,
- pit wall (which gave me a hard time, but eventually it gave up)
- road + mapping of it
- white lines (you can see them on image bellow)
Now I am doing the edges of sand, road, run off areas, so it will not look like it has been cut on half by knife (Kunos style). Lots of work, specially with UVW mapping, it has to be done for each object at a time + new drawing of materials.
Don`t worry about main texturing of grass, sand and walls, thats done almost in a blink of an eye, compared to edges or curbs.
Track will some be drivable for 1st tests (I did lots of lap before, to determine the exact elevation changes), but now will be with all the necessary elements included).

Some of the work until now:
ok10_1.jpg

ok10_2.jpg

Looks good so far, I can hardly wait :D
If that is the URD JT5, how did you get your handy on that car? It's not out yet, is it?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%