Resource icon

Tracks Okayama Kart layouts 2019-09-09

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just trying out the layouts. A bit of feedback. First of all, when doing the track on reverse or the normal way, how are you supposed to drive it? Clockwise or anti-clockwise? Maybe you could add some boards at the exit of the pits to avoid confusion.

Second of all, and possibly the best change you could do, is to move the pits to the karting pits. Otherwise it will be useless for racing. But good job!

Thanks for the feedback, but I only can change so much. Only the author of Okayama is the man to add those things. I`ll update the description a bit to avoid initial confusion:)

I think lap times are not possible on these layouts, only pure fun.

Last edited:
Bit confused here - Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

So I drop the unpacked folder into the Okayama folder and start the game.

When I select the tracks, it appears to just be the standard Okayama tracks (I start in the main pits or on the main grid) and the only indication that anything is different is that I get the wrong way sign while driving around the track.

I've also tried with the A.I. and they all just drive onto the grass at the side of the track and then stop!

Bit confused here - Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

So I drop the unpacked folder into the Okayama folder and start the game.

When I select the tracks, it appears to just be the standard Okayama tracks (I start in the main pits or on the main grid) and the only indication that anything is different is that I get the wrong way sign while driving around the track.

I've also tried with the A.I. and they all just drive onto the grass at the side of the track and then stop!

Please use F8 to make a shot and upload it here from your "\Documents\Assetto Corsa\screens\"
I`ll try to help.
Clipboard01.jpg

In "\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\okayama\" you have to put all 5 items from the archive ^^

Then in game you should have not 3 but 5 layouts to choose from.
Clipboard02.jpg

Last edited:
It looks as shown above. Once extracted, I have the items shown above and, after copying them into the Okayama folder, all tracks show in-game.
Its only when I start in quick race or practice mode that I have the issues.

Ah okay, I can confirm those modes work.

I usually test new tracks in the modes I mentioned above - Practice mode so that I can have a look at the track and then a couple of laps in Quick Race so that I can test the A.I.

Maybe some nice person can fix the tracks and A.I. to work in these modes.

I went one step farther in Running karts at Kayama Track. This is for my own personal use and will not be released. It just shows that the track can be setup correctly to do Go Kart racing. View the short youtube video and read the description of what I did. here is the link to the youtube video.
Just shows what can be done to race Go Karts on that track.
I used to race real go karts many years ago and was fun to get this working.
Thank you for your initial setup for the track, cameras etc. take care

I went one step farther in Running karts at Kayama Track. This is for my own personal use and will not be released. It just shows that the track can be setup correctly to do Go Kart racing. View the short youtube video and read the description of what I did. here is the link to the youtube video.
Just shows what can be done to race Go Karts on that track.
I used to race real go karts many years ago and was fun to get this working.
Thank you for your initial setup for the track, cameras etc. take care

If you care for the rest of us please contact the author of the track and do a collaboration on that kart thing. It`s good and the mod needs it. And it`s ready for releasing. Not everybody is good for editing the original track and for most what you`ve shown here is just a tease. Do the grown up thing. I`ll be glad to race that track and many others will be too.

Last edited:
Pit lane for the clockwise racing karts. Remove the .txt extension and place "pit_lane.ai" it in "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\okayama\karting_track\ai\" folder.

Attachments

• pit_lane.ai.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 237

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years