Okayama International circuit

Tracks Okayama International circuit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry
Is it correctable with the position along the parking lot of the yellow line ?
up1 Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_13-9-117-15-39-55.jpg
up f1 Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_11-9-117-14-53-14.jpg

Spectacular !! Best looking track to date for AC. I live in Kyoto Japan , I look at similar landscape every day and you have nailed the look of the surrounding mountains and foliage layout perfectly. I've noticed an improvement in the frame rates as well

One oddity which very well could be a vision issue on my part. I noticed on the front straight while watching a replay, it appears as though the paint marks on the tarmac are floating slightly above the surface as the cars tire passes over.

Spectacular !! Best looking track to date for AC. I live in Kyoto Japan , I look at similar landscape every day and you have nailed the look of the surrounding mountains and foliage layout perfectly. I've noticed an improvement in the frame rates as well

One oddity which very well could be a vision issue on my part. I noticed on the front straight while watching a replay, it appears as though the paint marks on the tarmac are floating slightly above the surface as the cars tire passes over.

thx a lot. I still don`t know how I`ve nailed it, because whole surrounding is very demanding, much more than on any Kunos tracks.
About that issue you reported, can you do some image(s), print screen and paste it here (on some other website for hosting, and paste a link here). Thx, and will then take a look.

thx a lot. I still don`t know how I`ve nailed it, because whole surrounding is very demanding, much more than on any Kunos tracks.
About that issue you reported, can you do some image(s), print screen and paste it here (on some other website for hosting, and paste a link here). Thx, and will then take a look.

More noticeable when passing over the yellow painted sections. Tire shadow appears to be casting underneath the paint mark

I let the AI run 5 laps in hotlapping and logged the fps on 0.92 and 0.93 each

avg. 0.92 - 95.13 fps
avg. 0.93 - 101.25 fps

so fps were ~6.5% higher :thumbsup:

the shadow/groove issue isn't fixed however (contrary to the 0.92 changelog)
upload_2017-9-14_16-9-19.png

upload_2017-9-14_16-9-9.png

upload_2017-9-14_16-9-39.png
upload_2017-9-14_16-10-1.png

Last edited:
Ok now we are starting get there. The tree line looks good now and the performance just barely dips below 70 in a few spots which I consider acceptable.

The only thing the caught my eye on a lap around was this. The bushes here are just too bright against the tree wall.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_okayama_14-9-117-10-9-11.jpg

Ok now we are starting get there. The tree line looks good now and the performance just barely dips below 70 in a few spots which I consider acceptable.

The only thing the caught my eye on a lap around was this. The bushes here are just too bright against the tree wall.
View attachment 211791
Damn, forgot to change the texture, I said that to my self a week ago, but still didn`t do it. Will be fixed. Thx a lot for noticing it.
About the fps drop, the most noticable is in the center of the track, Piper turn, there are so many textures and lots of objects at that spot. It would be very difficult to eliminate fps drop there. But I think we went out of critical, maybe few fps still avalable on some other things, I hope I can still gain 5-10 more.

@RS10, will take now a really closer look on those shadows issue. Has to be fixed, I promise.

Last edited:
nice.

i wouldn't bring it up if it wasn't one of those things that kinda 'breaks immersion' by making the cars appear 'floaty' if you know what i mean

here's an F7 freecam screencap of the thing @CobraCat reported
YkFrz0a.jpg

@RS10 ... Hmm, this is my mistake I did in the roots when creating physical and visible mesh. I would have to start all over again, if I want to fix this issue. So for now, it will be like it is, sorry. I know what`s wrong, maybe sometimes later, but for sure on the next track this will be like it has to be.

i hadn't noticed that myself anyways until i saw cobra's post and it's not a big deal if you ask me ... the 'floaty' comment was about the shadows

Ok here is the deal to fix the groove shadow issue. I had to do this to some objects on Riverside. With the groove in it's own KN5, which it is, select the object and turn OFF transparency.

upload_2017-9-14_18-22-26.png

Now here is the trick. Go up to the material and set it like this.
upload_2017-9-14_18-23-7.png

Ignore the type of shader shown here. It should work with the regular ksperpixelAlpha shader needed for the groove.

Change the DepthMode to eNoZWrite. Now if everything is correct the object should not disappear when you do that. As long as each object only has one material and the editor shows no SUB objects this should work. As soon as there is a SUB object in the stack then this will not work.

This is what I mean about SUB objects just in case you don't understand. You don't want objects that look like this with _SUB at the end
upload_2017-9-14_18-32-52.png

Last edited:
I tired that before, but it just doesn`t work. Me and Tiago were testing that, and for no one seemed to work.

PS: wait... but now it seems it does work, let me show you are pic:
ok19_3.jpg

There are now groove + skidmarks above it. But its still not so perfect. Or am I wrong

Last edited:
I tired that before, but it just doesn`t work. Me and Tiago were testing that, and for no one seemed to work.

PS: wait... but now it seems it does work, let me show you are pic:
ok19_3.jpg

There are now groove + skidmarks above it. But its still not so perfect. Or am I wrong
You will need to do the same to the skid marks which are in the common kn5.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 287 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 415 39.8%