Okayama International circuit

Tracks Okayama International circuit 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
AI track limits need work, the AI cars swerve on the pit straight and go wide in some turns when they are side by side. Also the lollipop guys are on the wrong side, you can change that in crew.ini.

Mitja, you can be very proud of this achievement,

This track is epic, for an individual attempt to achieve this high level is unbelievable. Its on par with Kunos non-laser scanned track Zandvoort and to be honest with the track elevation, camber and curbs this could pass for a laser scanned track.

Excellent work, it captures the atmosphere with the surrounding hills and my first few laps were slow just staring at the the surroundings like a wide eyed tourist,

Again excellent work bringing this epic track to AC. thank you for that.

Cheers

ET

Mitja, you can be very proud of this achievement,

This track is epic, for an individual attempt to achieve this high level is unbelievable. Its on par with Kunos non-laser scanned track Zandvoort and to be honest with the track elevation, camber and curbs this could pass for a laser scanned track.

Excellent work, it captures the atmosphere with the surrounding hills and my first few laps were slow just staring at the the surroundings like a wide eyed tourist,

Again excellent work bringing this epic track to AC. thank you for that.

Cheers

ET
Thanks a lot.
Btw, did you know, you can take any car on a tour on all surrounding roads and tunnels, that you see on the whole map of the circuit. Try it.

@Mitja Bonca I think the track is a bit heavy in Fps for me. I don't have the most high-tech computer, but on other tracks I get to about 30-50 Fps, on Okayama I get 25 (With Kunos cars). I'm already running on pretty low graphic settings. And please, this is no offend but just a notification:)

Last edited:
The track looks absolutely beautiful, lots of detail, wonderful trackside objects and the textures! Amazing looking track.

Unfortunately it is undrivable for me.
I usually get 60+ FPS with all other tracks and a full grid with all graphics settings between high and full with triple screens.

I did a practice session at Okayama without any other car on the track and only had ~ 40 - 50 FPS but unlike just a little less smooth rendering it was horribly stuttering - undrivable for me :-(

What could cause this on this track?
I am running a lot of different mod tracks and none I tried show this behavior.

The hardware I am using is a bit different, yet perfectly working with other content (Kunos and mod content).

Apple nMP 6core (late 2013) with 2x AMD D500 Firepro GPUs (roughly comparable to 2x AMD 7900 series GPUs)
Windows 10 64bit on latest updates
hacked AMD drivers dated July 2017

@Dirk Steffen, sorry to hear that. I already did some optimization on the track, so now there are 10-15 fps more constantly. I rather not go into details, but I hope will be batter when final version will be released (soon).
btw, you should buy a new video card, for cca 200€, and all will be fine.
I have a quite old Nvidia 760 (which is now approx. 200€ or a bit more), and I can run smoothly with 110+ fps constantly.

@Dirk Steffen
I have a quite old Nvidia 760 (which is now approx. 200€ or a bit more), and I can run smoothly with 110+ fps constantly.

Is that a first. A suggestion to upgrade hardware to overcome an issue with the track? LOL

I have a i7-7700 and 1080Ti and this track runs at about 66% the speed of most other tracks. Another 1080Ti then? :D

I thank for your good work

A necessary person, please use it
For circuit_gp
・cameras_6.ini Okayama TV6

The range of the first corner camera from the last corner to Williams
Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_9-9-117-21-39-24.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_9-9-117-21-39-55.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_9-9-117-21-40-9.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_9-9-117-21-41-58.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_9-9-117-21-42-27.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_9-9-117-21-43-44.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_9-9-117-21-44-3.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_9-9-117-21-44-28.jpg Screenshot_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_okayama_9-9-117-21-44-54.jpg

Attachments

• cameras_6.ini
    5.4 KB · Views: 261
@Dirk Steffen, sorry to hear that. I already did some optimization on the track, so now there are 10-15 fps more constantly. I rather not go into details, but I hope will be batter when final version will be released (soon).
Hi Mitja:
First thinks first: Fantastic work :thumbsup: and Thank You for this awesome track :)
But I'm running (i5 4670k, GTX 770, 16 GB RAM) also in some slowdowns FPS wise certain places of the track. Also with just 17 AI.
Will be great to get a better optimized version soon :)

What I've done for testing: I've resize (halved) every texture over 5 MB and it helps a lot on my side.
Of course I've loose the crispy look of this textures but its better for my hardware :geek:

Thanks and greets
After_Midnight

Mitja Bonca updated Okayama International circuit with a new update entry:

Okayama pre-final release

Whats new in v0.91:
- optimiaztion of 3d grass, 3d trees, various objects around the track, LOD 90% of different objects, got cca 15 fps (for comparison, I got same if not batter fps with 20 ai driver as in original Barcelona 60-70fps)
- created new Walls, so no fall over fences, guard rails and walls, you can still try if there is any whole or gap, that should not exist, and let me know (image would be cool)
- improved karting track (but still not separate layout), you can access if through...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 429 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 286 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 280 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 194 7.6%
  • < 5 years