OK - What the Heck Am I Doing Wrong?

I think that I've somehow messed something up in my RF2 controls.

Whenever I start a practice session, the scene opens up in the pits. I get the go-ahead to start out, but stepping on the throttle the engine either shuts off or revs really high in first gear, but doesn;t engage (as if I'm in neutral). The only way to get going is to activate, go onto the track, and then de-activate AI (toggling the I-key). But then when "control" reverts back to me, the steering is all wonky - huge deadzone and no control whatsoever.

I had RF2 working well not long ago, but now something is definitely off.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

I think your prolem will be solved if you look at your controls in settings...
Just look at starter/ignition put them on auto or define a button for them.
Also turn off aids like steering help and ...
Those aids can be on/off on your keboard (F1,F2,F3...)

Reset your controls in the pits. Adjust the binding for acc, brake, clutch etc and save it. Sometimes it defaults to a non saved state and goes a bit mental.

Tried this, but it still stalls out.. Clutch is set to NONE since I don't use my clutch pedal. Is there any way to set the clutch to AUTO?

I've also tried assigning a button to IGNITION, but that doesn't work either.

I straightened out the steering issue - I think. Steering Sensitivity was set to 100%. I moved it to 0% and it's much better. (Will still tinker with it). Strange, but that's opposite to what I'd expect.....

All driving aids are off, as well.

Try race session and see what happens.
Are you sure you are not in neutral? If you engaged first gear and car still wont move maybe you have break fully applied? Check your controller axis in garage. Pit limiter? Auto clutch is one of the aids in difficulty menu.

Hmmm..... It's dawning on me that maybe I'm the problem and not the sim. (It wouldn't be the first time...:redface:)

Let me ask a really dumb question -- When you start a practice session in the pit, and you're in Neutral, then you get the signal to come out onto pit row, do you a) shift up into first gear before applying any throttle, or b) rev the throttle fairly high first and only then pop it into first gear?

When I do a), the car always konks out. When I do b) the engine stays on, but the car kind of lurches out of the pit (but at least I can continue). Oh - and I have to release the pit limiter too.

So, how is it supposed to be done? (a or b or something in between)?

Thanks!

Hmmm..... It's dawning on me that maybe I'm the problem and not the sim. (It wouldn't be the first time...:redface:)

Let me ask a really dumb question -- When you start a practice session in the pit, and you're in Neutral, then you get the signal to come out onto pit row, do you a) shift up into first gear before applying any throttle, or b) rev the throttle fairly high first and only then pop it into first gear?

When I do a), the car always konks out. When I do b) the engine stays on, but the car kind of lurches out of the pit (but at least I can continue). Oh - and I have to release the pit limiter too.

So, how is it supposed to be done? (a or b or something in between)?

Thanks!
press F11 default Auto clutch

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%