OK Sand trap is next, maybe

So I have my track with a grass section around the whole layout.
I am adding grass terrain as well.
What I want to do is put in some sand around 1 corner.

Seems like when i change material it affects the whole circuit.
How do i keep the sand just around 1 corner and is there a setting to make it more sticky or more driveable?

Thanks as always

Max

when you create the terrain in the editor, try to avoid grouping the terrain until you have finished the project. that way each terrain remains seperate either left or right with its corresponding number you'll find that as you click on the relevant terrain numbers down the left hand side of the editor the corresponding tiles will be highlighted in the 3d pane. select the one you want and change the material......hope this helps you????

You can also select individual polygons on the terrain. When you've got the Terrain tool open, go the the Materials tab, select 'single' radio button, and you can then click on individual polygons. You can also use the 'lasso' and select a series of them at one time.

(Pressing 'W' toggles through the wireframe display modes in the viewport to help you see which one are selected)

Thanks again everyone. I couldn't sleep last night and I was thinking about the track. I think I have the sandtraps figured out. Can't wait to get to work and try it out. On break, or at lunch of course. lol

Have a great day everyone.

Looks like a programmers day here. Wet and cold.

Max

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing