Oh Dear!

My RF2 seems to be broken :(:(:(:(:( It's when I go into controls and try and set up my wheel then everything I press seems to be delayed by about 10 secs or more and when I do finally get to the garage, there is some serious lag and everything is juttering like mad. I've done re-install and even re-installed steam but I'm stumped. I thought it may be some mods but even with just ISI content it does the same thing. When I try to exit out, it takes ages and also when the tracks are loading, they take forever and If I press the escape key that seems to help it along lol!

Are you running Windows 10 and a Thrustmaster wheel? There's a thread on this issue on the ISI forums and it seems some combination of rF2 1080 update, Thrustmaster drivers and Windows 10 is giving issues. I have a T300/TH8A/T3PA-PRO setup with no problems under Windows 7.

Are you running Windows 10 and a Thrustmaster wheel? There's a thread on this issue on the ISI forums and it seems some combination of rF2 1080 update, Thrustmaster drivers and Windows 10 is giving issues. I have a T300/TH8A/T3PA-PRO setup with no problems under Windows 7.
Yes thanks I saw that thread and posted over there.

TX/TH8A/T3PA here, and Windows 10. So far I haven't had a problem with rF2 1080.

EDIT: I did update my Thrustmaster drivers a couple days ago, I'm not sure it that made a difference.
http://www.bsimracing.com/thrustmaster-new-drivers-and-firmware-available/

I just rolled back the drivers for my wheel and it's all working great now.
I guess I had the same problem but didn't notice as I was just going into rF2 and racing. After hearing of your issue I then went into controller setup and noticed the severe delay.
I reinstalled the old Windows driver and all is good. I will have to experiment a little with the new driver before writing it off.

I guess I had the same problem but didn't notice as I was just going into rF2 and racing. After hearing of your issue I then went into controller setup and noticed the severe delay.
I reinstalled the old Windows driver and all is good. I will have to experiment a little with the new driver before writing it off.
It's not the windows driver but the Thrustmaster driver William.

I've read the new notes for the firmware but all it says about the TX is updated drivers for pc but all the other wheels have had some noted changes.
Thrustmaster hasn't released new TX "firmware" for a while. I was/am running the latest firmware but their latest Windows driver is what seems to be causing the problem.
The thing is, rF2 drove fine with the new driver but we couldn't change the controller settings. I haven't done any further research yet on this other than our conversation here on RD.

Thrustmaster hasn't released new TX "firmware" for a while. I was/am running the latest firmware but their latest Windows driver is what seems to be causing the problem.
The thing is, rF2 drove fine with the new driver but we couldn't change the controller settings. I haven't done any further research yet on this other than our conversation here on RD.
Well I posted over on the official forum as T300 owners are having the same issue.

Well I posted over on the official forum as T300 owners are having the same issue.
Can I request a copy of this previous driver you're using (via PM)? I just acquired a T300base/Alcantara and the driver downloaded/installed was already the latest v25. So I have a fallback after I update rF2 when I return home from the US. TIA.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%