Offline lag with Vista

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
tostador

lag offline
Hi everyone.
My system is E6600, 8800 GTS on Vista Ultimate 64. And my problem, little jumps that make the game unpleasant. I have installed last drivers, but the problem is still there. I think that the cause is Vista. What do you think? Has anyone installed that game in this S.O. and it works? Any help is wellcomed.

I copied this post from RSC! I tried to help the poor guy but it doesnt work. Does anyone here know a solution?

• Denn=

Superfetch:
Windows SuperFetch enables programs and files to load much faster than they would on Windows XP–based PCs.

When you're not actively using your computer, background tasks—including automatic backup programs and antivirus scans—run when they will least disturb you. These background tasks can take up system memory space that your programs had been using. On Windows XP–based PCs, this can slow progress to a crawl when you attempt to resume work.

SuperFetch monitors which applications you use the most and preloads these into your system memory so they'll be ready when you need them. Windows Vista also runs background programs, like disk defragmenting and Windows Defender, at low priority so that they can do their job but your work always comes first.

Disable Superfetch:
I dont have Vista, but as far as i know you cannot disable this feature by default.
Found this application to tweak Vista and disable Superfetch
Tweaks2k2

Some info about Tweak2k2

PS
A vista computer should have at least 2 Gb... When i look at the price of DDR2 RAM why not but an additional 2 Gb.. (1x 2Gb = 85 Euro / 2x 1 Gb is 65 Euro)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%