F1 2011 Officially Supported Steering Wheels / Gamepads

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi there,
A lot of people ask; Is this wheel supported, Is this wheel supported? Etc. ( I do it myself too :rolleyes: ) So that's why I got the Official supported wheel list according to the Codemasters Forum for F1 2011! All Credits Go To Codemasters Staff not to me!

[PS3]

[PAD CONTROLLERS]
  • PLAYSTATION3 DUAL SHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS Controllers
  • MadCatz Call of Duty Black Ops PrecisionAIM Controller
  • Saitek PS1000 Dual Analogue Pad
  • Thrustmaster Dual Trigger Rumble Force
  • Thrustmaster Run N Drive Wireless Rumble Force
  • Thrustmaster T-Wireless 3-in-1 Rumble Force
[STEERING WHEELS]
  • Atomic Accessories Super Sport Evo
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Logic 3 TopDrive GT
  • Logic 3 TopDrive RF
  • Logitech Driving Force
  • Logitech Driving Force EX/RX
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech G27
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F430
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Intergral T500
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch
  • Thrustmaster T500RS
  • Thrustmaster Universal Challenge
[PC]

[PAD CONTROLLERS]
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
  • Logitech Dual Action Gamepad
  • Logitech Gamepad F510
  • Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710
  • Saitek P3200 Rumble Game Pad
  • Saitek P380 Dual Analog Gamepad
  • Saitek P480 dual Analog Rumble Gamepad
  • Saitek PS1000 Dual Analog Pad
  • Thrustmaster Dual Trigger Rumble Force
  • Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog 3
  • Thrustmaster Run N Drive 3-in-1
  • Thrustmaster Run N Drive Wireless Rumble Force
  • Thrustmaster T-Wireless 3 in 1 Rumble Force
[STEERING WHEELS]
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
  • Atomic Accessories Super Sport Evo
  • Atomic Accessories TVR Sagaris
  • ECCI Trackstar 6000
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
  • Logic3 Tri Format Topdrive GT
  • Logic3 Tri Format Topdrive RF
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Formula Force EX/RX
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech MOMO Racing
  • Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP
  • Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari F430
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch
  • Thrustmaster T500RS
  • Thrustmaster Universal Challenge
[Xbox 360]

[PAD CONTROLLERS]
  • Microsoft 360 Controller
  • MadCatz Call of Duty Black Ops PrecisionAIM Controller
[STEERING WHEELS]
  • Microsoft 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
  • Joytech Nitro Racing Wheel
  • Logitech Drive FX Wheel
  • MadCatz Wireless Racing Wheel
Please note that the above is a list of officially supported controllers. If your controller is not in the above list it may still work with the game either fully or with limited functionality but it is not officially supported.

Hi everyone. I have a problem with controller save. i have Logitech Gamepad F510 on pc. my problem is, when i'm enter to game, controller always been keyboard. that's why, i have to settings controller every playing game. is problem , game or my settings? Thanks.

ps: sorry my english.

Thanks for your efforts. There are a couple of newer products supported by Xbox that have not made your list.
I have summarised the Xbox offerings below with my personal editorial comments.

Maker

Item
Appr
Price
Compatability
Summary

Fanatec

CSR Elite

£500

XBox, PS3, PC

Essentially their new Clubsport setup (see the video below) but with Xbox compatibility and less features limited by console. Two big motors New optical system “direct sensor technology” on axis vs motor. Sports style wheel with carbon fibre construction. They will make other wheel styles available based on demand. Two screws to undo to swap.
Pedals are from £29.00r adapter for Xbox ones for £15.00.

Fanatec
CSR
£200 + pedals.
XBox, PS3, PC

Similar looking wheel to above but no Carbon and sits on an updated/improved version of the old GT2 workings. (link to Photo below)
Madcatz
FFB
£180
Xbox
Updated and rebadged Saitek 660 FFB Wheel with added metal construction (or facings?). (link to Photo below)
Microsoft
Official
£100
Xbox
Discontinued. Prices rising. Durability queries.
Madcatz
Wireless
£80
Xbox
Wireless Vibration but no FFB.
Microsoft
Controller
£60
Xbox
The funny looking one like a WW2 Bomber controller.
Datel
£54.99
Xbox
Wireless Vibration but no FFB steel bearings
Thrustmaster
458 Italia
£70.00
Xbox
Wired, Vibration, No FFB. Expensive and basic..
Datel
£29.99
Xbox
Wired Vibration but no No FFB
Madcatz
MC2
£40
Xbox
Wired Vibration but No FFB, Cheap but functional.

My personal conclusions.
Fanatec are doing some great design work but appear to me to have had some growing pains as quality control, logistics and customer service haven’t kept pace with their rapid growth. Beautiful designs, very sexy but far from trouble free. They are more like Ferrari than Porsche in this regard.
Madcatz have done us proud with a $40 non FFB wheel but I would find it hard to pay more than £100 for the FFB one. Original (and apparently not bad) Saitek 660 it is based on was £59.99 in 2008 back when a Logitech G25 was £200. If it’s over £100 they are being naughty. If my estimates above are correct I would have to go the extra for the CSR. Their wireless non FFB wheel appears value.
Thrustmaster appear to be keen to see what happens when they join two companies that like to overcharge for peripherals (Xbox and Ferrari) together on one product. The fruit is the 458 Italia. Same as a £29.99 wheel but more expensive. Personally I’ll just be buying the prancing horse sticker.
I would buy the Logitech G27 (£200.00 at moment) in a heartbeat if it was Xbox compatible.
Karl Raper has a FFB wheel. I have to have one because if he has one and is fast then when I have one I will be fast no?

http://www.fanatecwheel.com/news/hands-fanatec-csr-elite-wheel
Photos of two fanatecs and madcatz below.
http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=3983&start=40
Below video: The one to make you cry as we can’t have it unless it fits the Elite base too, TBA
Below video (third one down their home page) gives much extra detail on the CSR Elite and ability to swap wheels.
http://www.fanatecwheel.com/

So, I have a Thrustmaster Steering Wheel Feedback GM-3200 ( I know, not supported ). The thing is, on F1 2010 it works just fine. Didn´t had to make any changes on setups to make it work. But on F1 2011 the wheel is really weird. Either the wheel is turning way 2 much ( Cant handle the car in a single line ) or its to hard to turn. Peddals are having a bit trouble also. I tried a few setting by my own but couldn´t find a good one. Any solutions out there?[h=1][/h]

Victor I had to totally change my settings. (Madcatz MC2 Race Pro Carbon Elite).*NB Small italics are made up words to make me feel better about my cheap wheel
Dont know if it helps you but they are now:

25/9/11
Dead Zone
Saturation
Linearity
Steering
0%
20%
29%
Throttle
2%
25%

Brake
2%

Victor I had to totally change my settings. (Madcatz MC2 Race Pro Carbon Elite).*NB Small italics are made up words to make me feel better about my cheap wheel
Dont know if it helps you but they are now:

25/9/11Dead ZoneSaturationLinearity
Steering0%20%29%
Throttle2%25%
Brake 2%25

i use mad cats mc2 also, my seetings i use are

25/9/11Dead ZoneSaturationLinearity
Steering2%
20%0%
Throttle0%
0%
Brake 0%
0%

David can u tell me my mine is so different to yours? i am new enough to the wheel and not sure what way to go about it, I am goin to try your setup and see how it feels.

David's settings really give a good feel for the car and give throttle progression I think you will like them. However, it is a personal thing and what suits one person may not work for someone else. Experiment with them and you'll find the right balance for your style. The settings certainly have to be different in 2011 as opposed to those used in 2010.

i also have all assits off but traction control on medium. will this make a difference?
I can't really tell you why.
It was more intuitive and trial and error. I knew I had to wind back throttle response and steering response and kept playing with settings till it felt good.
I took one guys settings from here and used one or two with what I had and when I got to this combination I did some laps and just said "thats the setting".
I have no assists on. TCS will hide throttle probs

@colonelTurk,
G27
I have the same freaking annoying problem as you. Everytime I leave the game and come back, I have to always setup the steering wheel cos it always says KEYBOARD....Man makes me want to go back to F1 2010. Hope that there is a fix.

Hi guys

I have couple of quastions about controllers. I have Logitech Rumble Pad 2 and I can't see it on the list but the file called Logitech ruble pad 2 is inside the actionmap folder in the game so I don't know if it's really suported or not? One more thing when I'm in the game I can't ajust all of the settings like all advanced wheel settings and wheel weight is it cuz' my pad is not suported or cuz' it's pad not a wheel? Is there any way to ajust all of the settings with my ruble pad 2?

@colonelTurk,
G27
I have the same freaking annoying problem as you. Everytime I leave the game and come back, I have to always setup the steering wheel cos it always says KEYBOARD....Man makes me want to go back to F1 2010. Hope that there is a fix.

I dont use the PC but did read somewhere something about starting the game by using the wheel button rather than the keyboard and this way the settings are retained.

Might be worth a search on the forum as I am sure it was here I read it.

Hey guys I have f1 2011 but I want to race with 2 steering wheels in multiplayer split screen (pc). But I can race with a Xbox360 controller for pc but I can't race with two wheels because you must push on the start button but there isn't a start button on my wheels! HELP!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back