Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Thanks.

I only have the Game on EGS.

On Google i find Nothing about this Problem.

I start the Game, set the Grafik Options and Controller Options.

After newstart all this Options are Reset, must set all Options new.

Get this Problem since Sep 2019.

I dont know how to fix this.

I find only this one.

Last edited:
going off the post on steam, go to documents/my games/ wrc 8, make sure the folder is not read only, have a look at the userconfig file and manually change settings in there and see if it resets.

for now, thats all i got, its a weird one. i have read somewhere that if win10 is upto date/latest version it has caused issues for some peeps

Last edited:
What controller settings you use?
I also drive on automatic transmission but use button to downshift manually when needed.
No controller settings to speak of because I use the D-Pad and triggers + relevant buttons for down shift and car reset.
Only ever used a wheel one time with PS2 and Gran Turismo, so cant vouch for wheel use. This one time I fishtailed the whole track so went back to controller!
Have acheived a better time on the Finnish track and have a controller cam that you can watch. NOw ranked #8 :D

I don't know if we can modify the liveries of the game but you can ask the question here:

It's possible that a livery of WRC 8 can be modified by a livery of WRC 7 (for example Fiesta RedBull).

Hello,

searching for Thrumaster T150 settings.

I have found thread regarding T300
and I have setuped T150 the same way, nevertheless I would be appriciated if you can share your T150 settings

thank you in advance for help

Project Cars 2 /Assetto Corsa Competizionemodifies system keys from registry. You need default keys values, ideally a registry back-up with that data. No need to reinstall G HUB or unplug the wheel

Go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F

it works for me:

OEMName: "Logitech G HUB G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB" instead of "G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel"

OEMData: 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00 instead of 03 00 08 10 19 00 00 00"

Project Cars 2 /Assetto Corsa Competizionemodifies system keys from registry. You need default keys values, ideally a registry back-up with that data. No need to reinstall G HUB or unplug the wheel

Go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F

it works for me:
OEMName: "Logitech G HUB G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB" instead of "G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel"

Go to

it works for me:
yeah i have been running a registry bat file to restore the 43 from 03 for well at least a couple of years now because of Project cars 2 but Assetto Corsa Competizione has never done it only PC2 messes it up for me....the thing is pc2 has no business touching the PRIVATE PROPERTIES of Logitech registry entry especially the OEM IDENTIFIER STRING. This actually seems illegal and I'm surprised Logitech has not done something about this legally!!! The biggest sign you are suffering from this issue is your CLUTCH PEDAL will be the THROTTLE PEDAL AND THE THROTTLE will be unassigned and does nothing in All other race games unless you reassign the pedals and often will need the invert option as well !!!!!
Correct.JPG
Not correct.JPG

Last edited:

Go to

it works for me:

yeah i have been running a registry bat file to restore the 43 from 03 for well at least a couple of years now because of Project cars 2 but Assetto Corsa Competizione has never done it only PC2 messes it up for me....the thing is pc2 has no business touching the PRIVATE PROPERTIES of Logitech registry entry especially the OEM IDENTIFIER STRING. This actually seems illegal and I'm surprised Logitech has not done something about this legally!!! The biggest sign you are suffering from this issue is your CLUTCH PEDAL will be the THROTTLE PEDAL AND THE THROTTLE will be unassigned and does nothing in All other race games, unless you reassign them and select the invert tickers for the pedals.
Correct.JPG
Not correct.JPG

But this issue i have never seen it kill FFB , FFB does seem to be better when the registry is correct but like i said i have never seen it kill FFB.

Last edited:
Hi!
I have an issue with graphics and display settings: they are not being "read" from the Usersettings.cfg (in My games/wrc8). The changes are saved in the file, but the game seems to ignore them (?). I have to change those settings everytime I start the game.
The rest of the settings are properly saved.

Any help will be welcome!

seen someone else on here with a similar issue. have you tried manually editing the usersettings.cfg file? or make sure its not set to read only?
is auto save turned on?

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, the file is not read only, and when I edit it manually the changes remain there. Autosave is on. It actually saves every other settings (sound, gameplay, controls, etc.) except for display, graphics and postprocess...Which, if I'm not wrong, are the only settings that that file contains.

I have recently installed WRC 8 on a windows 7 machine and have this problem with connecting to the server.

I have had a reply from support but they only point me to the website FAQ's which say to disable the anvirus software (which I have done) and it still doesnt work. Also the hyperlink that is embedded in the software is incorrect.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have recently installed WRC 8 on a windows 7 machine and have this problem with connecting to the server.

I have had a reply from support but they only point me to the website FAQ's which say to disable the anvirus software (which I have done) and it still doesnt work. Also the hyperlink that is embedded in the software is incorrect.

Any help would be appreciated.

install w10

Well, things seems to have now changed with WRC8, no longer do I need the minimum spec graphics card and on windows 7 I can now access the servers without error messages and lack to times being recorded.

I think it was something to do with the last update, 'cause thats when everything started working properly ;)

Well, things seems to have now changed with WRC8, no longer do I need the minimum spec graphics card and on windows 7 I can now access the servers without error messages and lack to times being recorded.

I think it was something to do with the last update, 'cause thats when everything started working properly ;)
You should post what version of win7 you are using and if you know the KB updates that effect the connection to online so others can reference them. I had win7 issues and updating to win10 fixed it (sort of overdue) Also win7 is no longer supported by microsoft for updates.
4 days of recovery is rough. I havent done that for years. Suggestion, make an image backup of your entire OS hard drive before doing things so you can just re-image if things turn pair shaped. Something like Acronis!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%