Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a "hotlapping 'til death" event, where Mr. Average has no chance at all. I have no problem with that, but it will be just another "Aliens vs. Celebs" eSport-Event.

And why only 12 drivers per class/grid? :confused:
At a guess, would probably be to do with logistics - available space and number of rigs they can set up at the event etc.

Ah I could see it now...
Emotions flying high as I board my flight to Monza. I can do this, I can do this...

Arrive in beautiful Italy, enjoy some local cuisine. Next morning drivers meeting, palms sweaty, heart pounding.

Strap into the rig next to Michi Hoyer, remind him how bad he is about to lose.
The clock is my enemy and I am ready.

Green light go go go!
Perfect start leads to hard braking into Rettifilo, right, left, throttle while slamming up the gearbox.
170mph down the straight, bridge!! brake brake brake into Variante della Roggia.
Entering the apex...
CPU HIGH OCCUPANCY WARNING
WHAT!!??
Lag, skip, tear, crash.
My lap is over.
I'm heartbroken but hey, I'm in Italy and look there's Stefano!

This is all in fun as I'm seriously loving ACC.

It's a shame the Pros can't compete with the AMs from the get-go ... oh haang on I see why :D

Seriously though, this is a great initiative and only to be applauded. For me, triple-screen support is certainly needed and also some more optimisation … my system - while not brand new - is nevertheless no slouch, yet it struggles at high settings …. where with iRacing and rF2 it’s butterly smooth.

It's a shame the Pros can't compete with the AMs from the get-go ... oh haang on I see why :D

Seriously though, this is a great initiative and only to be applauded. For me, triple-screen support is certainly needed and also some more optimisation … my system - while not brand new - is nevertheless no slouch, yet it struggles at high settings …. where with iRacing and rF2 it’s butterly smooth.

At the end of the day, people will stick to what they can do. I'm in the same situation with the system specs. iRacing, and other titles are not bad given you don't have to travel for championships. What beats the horse dead here is the fact that sim racing, at least for the primitive reason, allows you to race and compete in championships at home...

Last edited:
for us average chaps who are neither well-known, nor very talented, nor live in the vicinity of one of the four quali venues, this is going to be great fun anyway. already signed up and looking forward to coming in 3,237th or somewhere, there. doesn't matter at all, what matters: we'll have a full game in less than three weeks, that is the important message for 97% of us here, everybody shout and dance!

Did anybody manage to find the appropriate hotstint within the Special event menu? I have the Nismo GT3 @ Monza event but I don't think it's the one.
i bet this will only be available with the full release. all else makes little sense. and full release. if i were sro/ac/rd i'd do it friday before monza race, very early afternoon with a dozen real life Blancpain drivers on hand for tv cameras, photographers, the press etc.

Mod-edit: you need to learn to not always have the last say on the matter. Enjoy your one week holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm trying a default agressive esetup at Monza in Lambo and hatdly getting to 1.49.9x - how about you?

Let me check the leaderboard I think I'm in the same ballpark, a touch faster in the Nissan though.

Monza.jpg

Last edited:
uh uh, a 1:49.8 is rank what??!?

need to check the total size of this leaderboard. And the my storage capacities :D

Edit: 9213, 50 PC rating at 1:50.964.. That's quite tough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%