F1 2011 Official Safety Car Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The safety isnt really all that much , you dont really have any control of how close you can get to the car in front if you try and get closer auto brakes come on and you get black flagged at about 6 car lengths away from the car in front!

First time I seen it was online at spa , first corner crash it comes out and it somehow glitched and wouldnt go back in for the rest of the race!

I've started to turn safety car off when online , dont like it atall

• Richard Lovewell

I've seen the safety car several times in 20% online races on the xbox. I've also been auto-crashed into it exiting the pits whilst online.

The appearance of the safety car does seem entirely random, and nothing to do with anybody actually crashing.

I had it appear just as we were heading into the first corner at China on the very first lap. I thought there may have been a start line incident but could not really tell from up front.

20% PS3.

I have now sold that and moved to the PC version.

Are you ever involved in the incidents, or do they happen elsewhere on track? I swear I rarely, RARELY even see or have an incident, anywhere in the race.

[PC] Safety Car Distance

After having several Safety car deployments in career, which some where caused by my accidently, I found that the gap between the car infront of you is way to big. The game auto brakes when you get closer. But this gap is like 1sec or bigger, which isn't really realistic in my opinion?

what are your experiences with this? and is it possible to mod this distance?

Solictice, what Season of Career are you on? Because I'm Race 10 in Season 1, and despite a few minor yellow flags, I've never had a serious accident (Myself or other drivers) which has resulted in a Safety Car Deployement. I'm getting a bit disappointed :p

I'm in season 1 race 9
Had safety cars in Melbourne, Shangai, Monaco, Canada and Valencia. I caused a few, but not on accident. Think of AI cutting me off and spinning because of that. And then they crash into the rest which caused SC. Also had 1 red flag @ Monaco.

but i noticed that assoon you get the message ''Safety Car Deployed"" it starts auto braking while the AI is still speeding. Only when they are really stuck behind the SC they slow down to the same speed as you.
I've been taken over because of this while Safety car was deployed :S

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back