F1 2011 Official Safety Car Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I know I'm going to get flamed but here goes.

I do not want to have the safety car in the game.
I want to race not parade.
There are too many crashes online as it is so the SC would be deployed for every lap.
I understand you want the game to be realistic but there are many more things that happen in real racing that don't happen in games.
I'm pretty sure most other motorsport events have a safety car and yet I've never seen it requested for those games.
F1 2010 is a great game for me, have only come across a couple of bugs (pits & track issue at Monaco) but there are plenty that people moan about so best let CM consentrate on the main game.

I would like to know why its so important and what possible benefit it can have in high speed racing.

Hi Everyone,

Just noticed today that Codemasters have twittered that they will be letting everyone know if the safety car is in or not, in August. I had the chance to meet the designers and have a go on 2011, at the time they talked about how it was a option but they had to work out how to put it into the game that will enhance the experience. I for one, don't really care, I don't think it's overly important for the game, and this season we haven't had that many safety cars.

I think most people would prefer to have the safety car as an option for career mode just to add an extra dimension to the game.
But I dont want the safety car in online mode, you would be stuck behind the safety car more of the time than actual racing.
Anyone agree?

To be honest i think most people forget how the safety car works. it will only come out when a car has crashed and needs recovered or has broken down in a dangerous place, so most times yellow flags will cover any incident until the car gets going again. and unless the new AI are completly wreckless in carear (or the 8 filling the online grid) or mechanical failures are common place(like the pre patched punctures in 2010) then i dont think the safty car will be that promenent in the game.

I like the lottery that it adds. Sometimes a race appears set in stone - 20 seconds behind Vettel for example. But then an accident, everyone pits, and you can stay out or pit and make up positions, if anything it brings the field close together again. That's a big part of F1 and hopefully will make it into the game as well.

A SC is a must in F1. Its mandatory during a heavy rain start and during yellow, it is possible to bring back the thrill in the race. But...the huge problem CM will face are the pitstops during a SC period and i'll bet that that is the reason why its still not clear if they deliver a SC.
How difficult can it be with so much money and knowledge...

How difficult can it be with so much money and knowledge...

They probably could pull something decent if they wanted, but they probably don't feel the need. The average joe doesn't know much about Safety Car regulations and would probably go "wtf" if it ever gets on track. And keep in mind that the F1 201x games are made for a large public, us experienced simracers are the minority out there.

Furthermore they are selling the game thanks to the name and the official license more than on sheer quality. They could probably pull a very rubbish game and still end up with half decent sales(though of course pulling this kind of tricks on long term would probably ruin Codemasters' reputation). Hence why they cannot really be bothered with this kind of "realistic" details that only please a minority. Note that I have never tested the game, but I have to say that I really haven't been impressed by some of the previous versions.

Safety Car Question

I have been trying to find this out for a while now. I was wondering is the safety car just for yellow flag/red flag moments or does F1 2011 use it for the formation lap as that would be good. Make it more like real life. :D

Awesome yeah thanks for that. :D I can't wait to start playing it. :D I think a lot of people will go for the Force India team or Williams :D Does anyone know who has played it if Jaime Alguersuari is your team mate in toro rosso or is it still Buemi (in career mode)?

Safety car

imo its the most pointless feature and more stupid feature ever , was leading the race at hungary , pit stopped , so was in 5th then the safety car came out so we all started to follow , thn people start stopping to a halt , so u have no option to stop , and ai car still go past u , so ended up getting dsq for reasons unknown , its about as frustrating as the penalties issue on last years game , well done cm , rant over :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back