F1 2011 Official Safety Car Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
If SC is to be implemented they should not appear in 20% or below races. I mean, the laps are too small that effects of SC is going to be too big to be game breaking... Imagine you chose to pit one lap later and that completely screws your race... whereas it is less likely to be in bigger distance races as you have more laps to catch up.

Am I the only one tired of hearing about a safety car in 2011...? It's not even essential to making the game a good racer all it will do is cause possibly more bugs, a nightmare online with the bumper car drivers and it would rarely make an appearance unless you caused a massive pileup of which is completely pointless because you'd only be able to watch...not only that but I can guarantee after it comes out a couple of times people would just go "out again?...can I just race please?..." and turn it off again.
Seriously...it's really tiresome. Apologies for the rant but it's likely to be true.

As far as the single player portion is concerned I think it is an essential part of gameplay, we have seen in races this year how influential the safety car can be and if your going to be living the life then it comes with the highs and lows imo. Personally I don't care if its in multiplayer or not as i'm not a big fan of multiplayer racers, as for the most part you cant just jump into a good race it needs to be organized but thats another can of worms.

To be honest, the safety car doesn't mean much in an F1 game imo(a Nascar game without it?? complete travesty...).
I can see why people want it, but not a big deal for me at all.
Given the option, i would force it come out once, just to see how it plays out, and turn it off... most probably.

for the trailer of the game go to 1:00 in the vid and u will see a safety car light and yellow flags after the sauber spins out
just after the bit you mention if you look in the distance just as the renault exits the pits you will see a train of cars in the distance as if being held up by a safty car, it happens quick so you may need to pause to see it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back