There doesn't seem to be a post about this on RD yet, so in case you missed it:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/about-matchmaking-feature-in-acc.57045/
https://steamcommunity.com/games/805550/announcements/detail/2655347409587082706

Screenshot_2019-05-20 About Matchmaking feature in ACC.png

Are you happy with this direction? If not, why? How would the ideal matchmaking implementation look like for you? Feel free to discuss, but please stay civil.

By the way: Since some folks in the past were disappointed by Kunos' preference posting official news on social media before anywhere else, note how this has been posted on the forums and Steam first and not on social media or news websites (though I hope it reaches those sites as well).

When they said matchmaking I took it to mean like they do with FPS games such as Halo. Where they match your skills as closely as possible to a server that has similarly skilled players in it.
And so far online in the current build it appears to be working very well making this almost addictive for me so that I can't even lend the time to other titles right now. Especially Star Wars Battlefront II that I picked up for cheap in the May the Fourth be with you sales...

Nothing beats that feeling when you click on the Quick Join button and you don't know yet on which Spa trackday server you will end up.
Why would you not know?
When I join a server now I know what track and what sort of opponents I'll be facing.
No SA then I'm taking a risk
65 SA then I'm racing safely with better skilled drivers.
Do you select a server with a blindfold on or something?

Why would you not know?
When I join a server now I know what track and what sort of opponents I'll be facing.
No SA then I'm taking a risk
65 SA then I'm racing safely with better skilled drivers.
Do you select a server with a blindfold on or something?
I think it was a tongue in cheek reference to the overwhelming number of Monza daytime clear skies free practice session servers which appear to be the most populated?

I think it was a tongue in cheek reference to the overwhelming number of Monza daytime clear skies free practice session servers which appear to be the most populated?
Ah ok. I mean, just during EA I've raced at night in Nurburgring, and in the rain, Monza too, Paul Ricard, Misano. The only track so far that doesn't get a lot of love is Hungaroring. Which is a shame as it's a good track.

Last edited:
Are you happy with this direction? If not, why? How would the ideal matchmaking implementation look like for you?
I'm not. AC and PC2 proved why private servers don't suite my needs. Time to time I joined fair and fun events, but that's it.
With iRacing I know with some confidence that later after work I'll join a race with dozens of fair drivers and I know I'll have fun most of the times. Plus I know I can race in a different track every week and that keeps my excitement high.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.2%