Official Reiza rooms for Public Multiplayer racing

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Some of you might have noticed we have some servers on the lobby running for a few days now - we´re happy to now officially announce they are open for all to come in and race.

There are no fees, no passwords, no restrictions and no sign-ups required - everyone is invited to join in and race whenever they want. Our goal is to stimulate public multiplayer racing by providing a go-to place for online fun with GSCE / FTruck.

Keep in mind what we have now and for the next few weeks is very much an experiment - what develops from this will be subject to what we learn from the experience, user demand & feedback. The more participation there is, the more we will develop it.

As a place intended for casual fun we´re not looking to establish many ground rules - that does not mean however reckless driving standards and general poor behavior will be condoned: rooms will be supervised regularly by Reiza & RD staff and troublemakers will be kicked (or banned altogether).

There can be no shortage of common sense & respect if this is to be a fun place to race. People from all skill levels are welcome, so long as everyone respects each other they should not have a problem co-existing on the same track. If you do not have experience with the car / track selection being used, stay out of people´s ways while you learn your way around; do not join to learn the car or track when it´s already race time.

If this goes well and we manage to build up enough participation, longer term prospects include setting up leaderboards, organizing regular prize-giving competitions and also prizes for participation & safe driving - for that purpose we highly recommend users get into the habit of using their real names or at least stick to the same profile as results will already be logged on the server.

This is how we have it set up:

Room 1 is the Touring / Tintop room: StockV8, Marcas, SuperV8, Metalmoro, Camaro & Mini;

Room 2 is the Formula room: F-Vee, F-3, F-Reiza & F-Extreme;

Room 3 is the Historic room - Opalas, F-Retro, F-Classic & F-V12 running exclusively on historic tracks;

Room 4 is the Karting room - all karting classes running on kart tracks, plus the Superkart running on normal road courses;

Room 5 is Formula Truck room. (Please note: Room 5 requires the steam version of the game)

Right now we have a fixed, week-long schedule in which rooms 1-4 feature 3 daily shifts of 8 hours each, featuring one car class per shift. Room 5 will run exclusively Formula Truck. All rooms will feature a single track selection for each day of the week.

Sessions will stick to a fixed hour schedule comprising of:
Practice: 15 mins
Qualification: 15 mins
Warmup: 5 mins
Race: 20 mins

Driving aids allowed are ABS low / TC low / autoclutch & auto shifting available.

Voting to reset or advance sessions is disabled - it will follow the pre-established schedule.

You can check the full schedule per server here - save for eventual tweaks or additions of new series & tracks, this is what, when and where racing will take place in the coming weeks. So go ahead and book some time for your favorite combos :)

Last but not least, we´d like to thank RaceDepartment, in particular Bram & Dave for their brilliant ongoing support supplying the structure and helping us put this together & offer it to the whole community.

Please concentrate your thoughts, suggestions & feedback regarding this topic in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not there now, maybe it just didn't get switched off from the previous session. That was were the action was last night so something to think about?

Although I'm pretty sure the F3 race at Bologna I did was an official server and that isn't anywhere on the schedule so maybe they are trying some different things.

I just did a small 3 person race at Bologna in the V12 and my god does that car need to be put on a regular track rotation. Easily my favourite car, and doing a 20 minute race without spinning out is pretty remarkable in it. Of course I got slower as it went on. :rolleyes:

Anyway, some pretty screenshots for you guys.

2C417CCB4A8C7AEA925A46C43E69CEF8F1BD4165

Side by side with another human being - can't get more exicting

D1A80986B9B2DE22FEC95320F442E11D916C9D4D

Wheels interlocked battling for first

2B2C9A218FA60A67D0FBEF6B3AF36EAD6E2CC93D

Relegated to the rearview mirror

In case you're wondering I'm the blue. Was good fun for a few laps til I broke away and lost all incentive to push, but then bringing it home was challenging. This car needs to be run at Suzuka online with human beings. :inlove:

When I've given the "Official" servers a look, no one's around. (Evenings, 8 to 10 PM US East Coast Time).

Since I use two Logitech wheel profiles for GSCE ( a 540 set up and a 900 setup) I'd really like to see a server for the Opala, Mini and Camaro. In other words, a "900 degree wheel" room.

Really don't understand why there's no online Opala 1986 action 24/7 around the globe. One of the most rewarding sim race cars ever. Historic Austria and the '86 Opala go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I love this idea but I think set times for practice, quali and race is needed.
Something like this:

practice xx:00-xx:15
quali xx:15-xx:25
warmup xx:25-xx:30
race xx:30-xx:55
(xx = any hour)

This way everyone knows that a race is starting half past every hour and can plan for it more easily.
Not sure how one would go and make something like this possible with the way the servers are currently set up but I guess Reiza could work something out with the help of the community.

Well the question is whether the servers are going to see a drift in start times based on the loading times between session changes. Its possible that a race that would start 30 after the hour could end up being closer to 40 because of 15 hours of loading times.

But then thats all speculation because I dont know how the servers work in GSCE. I assume any fixed starting time by set time would need a global server directing the server loads rather than each server being its own independent entity.

Yes there would definitely had to be a hard switch to next session for every race to prevent a drift in time, but I guess that would be fine as it would only effect the warmup session and tbh I don't think anyone would care if they got a 2 or 5 minute warmup.
The most important thing is that the race starts on time every hour. Not sure how this would work when the servers are left empty. Is there a way to put a AI alone in there if the server is empty just to keep the ball rolling? Or maybe skip the race session if the server is empty and have a extra long practice sessions until next qualifying?

Really don't think we need to overcomplicate things.

You shouldn't join a multiplayer race if you don't know the track anyways and warmup is only needed if there's a big break between qualifying and race.

So what does that leave us with?
A constant rotation of Qualifying and Race.
I really don't think anything else is needed.

I just did a small 3 person race at Bologna in the V12 and my god does that car need to be put on a regular track rotation. Easily my favourite car, and doing a 20 minute race without spinning out is pretty remarkable in it. Of course I got slower as it went on. :rolleyes:

Anyway, some pretty screenshots for you guys.

2C417CCB4A8C7AEA925A46C43E69CEF8F1BD4165

Side by side with another human being - can't get more exicting

D1A80986B9B2DE22FEC95320F442E11D916C9D4D

Wheels interlocked battling for first

2B2C9A218FA60A67D0FBEF6B3AF36EAD6E2CC93D

Relegated to the rearview mirror

In case you're wondering I'm the blue. Was good fun for a few laps til I broke away and lost all incentive to push, but then bringing it home was challenging. This car needs to be run at Suzuka online with human beings. :inlove:

I also was on a well crowded public server using this combo. Extrem good fun. The car is a pleassure to drive. I think I managed a 1:26:2xx (fastest :whistling:). Unfortunately they didn't want to race but just practise...

Oh dear, when you asked for draft and I thought "Where?" I suddenly noticed, that you talked about the historic Imola while I was on the modern layout you can find in the Internet. :poop::O_o::whistling::x3::rolleyes: Forgive me mate for stressing you. ;)

However I'll post the lap asap and will also try to do a good one at the old Imol... äh Bologna. :D What's your best lap time there?

Ok tryed it tonight. My best is 1:27:895. Attached is the replay file and the setup. Just drop the file into
...\GSC2013\ReplayFridge\REPLAYS and rename the ending back into *.vcr to see it ingame (it's a trick to get it uploaded).

Attachments

• R-V12-bc.svm
    3.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Reik-Bologna-V12-1-27-895.txt
    188.4 KB · Views: 268
Well thats interesting, I was using default setup which has much more wing and you and I are only about a tenth off until the last sector then its over a second. Its obvious I can see how you're driving a few corners faster but I don't see how that could be from the wing.

Still need to try your set up. Lets see what happens. This is when telemetry would make things so much easier.

Does anyone check on the activity and behavior on these servers ?

Last night (Marcas@Interlagos) I was being insulted by a guy for no reason (watching the replay afterwards confirmed this, it was some other guy who was hitting him and pushed him off). And also, since they were majority Brazilian, they used Brazilian language as if it was their private server. I understand and tolerate the language thing, but the derogatory attitude and insults put me off. Should I expect this on Reiza servers, should I get used to it ? Maybe the guy was just having a bad day, who knows... :)

However, Imo such hateful language has no place on official Reiza servers. People who do this should be issued a warning and blocked if they continue with such attitude or drive recklessly and the like...

I know, public server...but still people should be required to communicate and behave in a so-called civilized manner on official Reiza servers imo. This attitude should be enforced.

Just sharing some thoughts on the subject...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back