Official 'Record Run' Video of the VW I.D R Pikes Peak

It also won the timed shootout at the Goodwood Festival of Speed hillclimb, a couple of weeks ago. It's an impressive feat of modern engineering and technology but it comes at a time when Classic car racing is more popular than ever. I hope there will always be room for both.

It also won the timed shootout at the Goodwood Festival of Speed hillclimb, a couple of weeks ago. It's an impressive feat of modern engineering and technology but it comes at a time when Classic car racing is more popular than ever. I hope there will always be room for both.

And was almost destroyed into the barriers by Dumas in the process :roflmao::roflmao:

Goodwood 2018 Festival Of Speed he won over all the cars:

Too bad they used the onboard sound all the way through though. In the full video from the event they have cameras on the sides and they captured a very nice "jetfighter" SWOOOSH! :)

The full Festival Of Speed 2018 with the 2 last cars being electric. The "Neo" and Romain Dumas car. Both electric cars beat all the petrol cars, and that's some petrol cars there! At 45:30 in the video is the "Neo" and right after it is Romain Dumas run.

Last edited:
"The future is electric"

Really? Can someone explain to me how you can do rallying, a dakar, a 24 hours of Le Mans, or even a full F1 grand prix or full MotoGP race with battery power? Batteries are still eons away of having the same capacity as any chemical fuel we have. And hydrogen is proving to be a challenge also, both logistical and environmental. Sure they can go uphill quick for 10 minutes tops, but anything more than that is just impossible with the current technology...

I see these as just marketing ploys, clean the image of the diesel gate, and sell a new generation of ultra expensive cars to the masses.

The only positive aspect of electric racing is that you have 100% power when pushing the pedal down. And even then im missing the shear raw thudering sound of a V8 or the intens screaming of a V12....so freaking beautiful! No electric car can ever replace that

do not forget that an electric motor does not lose power at altitude, a combustion engine loses 30 to 40% of power at altitude, moreover it is not the same category because electric, flat bottom brf it looks more like an F1 or proto lmp1, for me Sebastien loeb still has records in his category anyway the record is made for beaten

On an earlier video of the run commentators said that the batteries were temperature sensitive so they still had loss of power at high altitudes, although, I don't know if it was more or less than for a combustion engine.

"The future is electric"

Really? Can someone explain to me how you can do rallying, a dakar, a 24 hours of Le Mans, or even a full F1 grand prix or full MotoGP race with battery power? Batteries are still eons away of having the same capacity as any chemical fuel we have. And hydrogen is proving to be a challenge also, both logistical and environmental. Sure they can go uphill quick for 10 minutes tops, but anything more than that is just impossible with the current technology...

I see these as just marketing ploys, clean the image of the diesel gate, and sell a new generation of ultra expensive cars to the masses.

How about battery hot swaps? If engineered right, they could take seconds.

How about battery hot swaps? If engineered right, they could take seconds.
So you will manufacture how many packs of batteries to complete a 24h race? And how will you transport and distribute all these packs in a dakar rally? The autonomy is not even enough to complete one stage!... Its a logistical and environmental nightmare.

Performance without emotion means nothing to me. Electric motorsport is so dull...
OMG!, Performance is the only important in motorsport!! C'mon!
Really people who just love to be stuck in the past, Why you don't live like in 1800's?, or just like 1980?
Is so frustrating people just because they had been raised with ICE noises they will miss that!?
This is a clear example of Stockholm syndrome!!

So you will manufacture how many packs of batteries to complete a 24h race? And how will you transport and distribute all these packs in a dakar rally? The autonomy is not even enough to complete one stage!... Its a logistical and environmental nightmare.

2. Maybe 3 or 4 in case something happens to one or two of them. 3 battery packs are far from being environmental or logistical nightmare.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back