Official RACE 07 Demo - Review it here please

me neither...no problems with textures... :)

ok ff review......

by the looks of the demo it does seems they have tweaked the sim a little bit more.....sure with all driving aids on it does feel like arcade.....but with them off...it's another ball game......
if you touch the grass, it used to be that you can try to save your car when spinning, this time....no change in hell....if you spin....you will spin lol.......i've tried so many times saving my car...but with no results....only a couple of times i was lucky....
rain....that's another ball game.......slipping & sliding like mad......& if you loose control...you will loose control lol.....

like somebody said...trying to push you car will make the margin for error much much smaller.....i have countless times make my car crash in the barrier & fly away :)

bugs........as my bug buster companion told me...(hehehe :))...i still need to test this one.....but there is a bug.......it looks like you can already start & pull away when the times hits 0......
2night i will test this;)

• m0rk

hmmmmm

After a day playing this I've yet to have a serious 'off' nor have I struggled to do well in any of the races.

10 laps of Brands Hatch would normally see me hit the armco at least twice, causing me to limp back & quit early. Not on 2007 it seems.

Can't get my laptimes the same though, they're about 4s slower than 2006 (sitting at 1.36's now in 2007)

• FOG-Racecarmike

Maybe there is a setting I missed out. Race 06 is fine.

I'll have another look.

Cheers guys,

Mikey.

bugs........as my bug buster companion told me...(hehehe )...i still need to test this one.....but there is a bug.......it looks like you can already start & pull away when the times hits 0......
2night i will test this;)

yes it was normal till start lights went out and i went with few others and rest was still standing?:confused:

• Michael Sharpe

all the people who say that the game is too easy and arcadeish... are you sure that you turned off driving aids first? (they are defaulted to on)
It's still damn hard from where I sit (even FWD is harder than in RACE06 for me).

• m0rk

Michael Sharpe said:
all the people who say that the game is too easy and arcadeish... are you sure that you turned off driving aids first? (they are defaulted to on)
It's still damn hard from where I sit (even FWD is harder than in RACE06 for me).

yeah, it's the 1st thing I've had to check on as it keeps defaulting to 'on'

if getting a wheel on the grass & hitting the brakes & turning in doesn't get you to spin, nothing will

Ben Buitendijk said:
Spinnig is less hard, but it's much harder to keep the perfect line.

In real races, how many times do you see cars spin? And how many times just a little mistake that causes them to miss the perfect line?

A lot of times , in these high speeds that they are in a small mistake gets them of the perfect line.

Overall impressions are very good - I wont go into detail as alot of people before me have covered it v.well but i will say the lack of a 'dead zone' is annoying and i cant drive the f3000 in a straight line because of it - hope this is fixed for the full game. Action cam is a good compromise between hood and cockipit views, and it is a lot less forgiving than 06 when a wheel is put on the grass :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back