Official RACE 07 Demo - Review it here please

I have only driven some laps so these are my initial impressions.

WTCC 07 cars
+Looks good. Textures are sharp.
+Sounds are improved great deal from Race 06. BMW has nice "whine" when downshifting. Both cars sounds more powerfull and full. Nice job.

Formula 3000 car
+New class
-Motor sound is awfull
-Helmet camera isnt really for my taste

peace
Jari

• cyrus7b

I agree, the F3000 felt a little "arcady", hope they change it. Apart from that, the looks are very nice. I personally appreciate the low saturation of the colors, something that I really don't like in GTR2. They improved in in RACE, but now it's even better. Drawing distance is very good and level of detail improved to RACE. Yes, I kind of expect that in a new game, but still.
I could turn every eyecandy on + AA/AF and it runs smoothly at 1280x1024. Again, I was expecting that with a A64 3500+/2GB RAM/8800GTS 640mb, but on the other hand, I also saw something different in the past. DIRT threw me off big time. It's so badly regarding hardware performance that I could hardly play it and it shouldn't happen with my rig.
The force feedback on my momo also feels more responsive to what actually happens and not just "strong effects", no matter what.
So far, I am very impressed. Thumbs up from my side!

Regards

Cyrus7b

OMG I LOVE THIS :)

I have been racing F3000 nonstop :) hehe

I can tell those who thinks that it is arkadeish, ITS NOT ! !!

Its not formula 3000, but its very much like a formula car, i have been testing for the fun some formula racers

Formula Renault 2000 - Formula Ford 2000 and know just about it handles though without a racecardrivers insight ! ! !

It handles very good, quite easy to drive more or less, but on the limit only the best can handle it, and belive me you gotta know a formula car before you really can keep it on the limit and go fast...
test test and a lot more test :)

I actually put in some setups from formula cars and fitted it for this Lola :)
You can change actually a lot :) Its very fun :)

I love it :)

PS.
Now i can controll the F3000 with a BIG DRIFT and a lot of angle :) This as long as your in control do what you set it up to and handle it towards :) Good i love it :)

I will call my freind from england and have him fax me some old F3000 setups LOLA - Petrobraas ( Bruno juinquera ) :) Nice
And then let one of my formyladriving freinds test it :) hehe

Opperpanter said:
Did couple of laps in F3000, felt a little bit 'arcade'.

I don't agree with you with the F3000 feeling "Arcadish". I think you have that idea, because it's so responsive and it maybe looks easy to drive. I think that's maybe also caused by the default setup, which i think provides a stable ride. But when are really pushing with this car to set your PB faster and faster, then you will feel that this car isn't so easy at all and really is a reasonable / good simulation of the real thing :)

But that's just my eurocent :)

• Henrik Stoldt

It takes ages to get the demo :(. The download sort of stopped a few minutes ago. Got to start the download again -.-

I like the new sound of the seat :) plus the glow of the exhaust. The only trouble i have is with the steering, there is a slight delay when you steer, there is no dead zone to adjust to get instant movement

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back