Featured Official... err F1 Trading Cards Mobile Game Released

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,498
    F1 Trading Card game.png
    A new and officially licenced mobile game from Formula One has been released... introducing the F1 Trading Card Game...

This could potentially be the least exciting thing I've ever written about whilst at RaceDepartment, but I suppose each of us has our own interests, and I've got to report news, which this is, kinda, sort of, maybe.. are we even bothered?

Well if your interest has been aroused by the title of the article I suppose I better carry on then.. Formula One, never slow to make some cash, have released another new mobile game featuring the official Formula One licence, this time employing noted mobile game designer company VirtTrade to develop and release a F1 themed trading card game, available now on iOS with Android versions to drop in the near future.

So what is it then? Well from what I understand the new game will offer players the chance to "collect, trade and race" their way through a free to play (with cash transactions) mobile card collecting story, featuring cars, teams, drivers and personalities within the world of Formula One.

Key Features:
    • Collect cards featuring your favourite drivers, cars, teams, pit crews, circuits and race locations.
    • Build your collection by earning or buying packs. Find powerful, rare and special edition cards. Become an F1® TCG VIP to improve your collection even further!
    • Set a strategy, build a deck and compete with friends, as well as other F1® fans, in thrilling races on real-world F1® circuits to earn XP and advance your career.
    • Collect multiple free rewards every day to build your collection.
    • Further boost your collection by trading with other collectors.
    • Combine duplicate cards to create all-powerful Fusion cards.
    • Collect multiple free rewards every day to build your collection
    • Add to your F1® knowledge with on-card trivia, news and season information.
    • Cards include exclusive car, team and driver photography from EVERY Grand Prix™.
    Frankly that's about all the enthusiasm I can muster for this, as its really, really hard to think of anything to write about a mobile game that lets you trade cards.

Phew, done. Enjoy.

• Haha Haha x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,172
    sounds dreadful, do your kids a favour and buy supercar top trumps instead

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,498
    100% agree :)

Top Trumps.. epic

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. larre90

larre90

Ratings:
    +51
    Time for a D-D-DDDD-D-DUELL!!!

• Haha Haha x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Stanislas

Stanislas

Ratings:
    +19
    They are trying to mimic Panini cards... "funny" marketing!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +618
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 8
  7. Neilski

Neilski
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +523
    Wow. What an amazing way to rekindle interest in F1..............

• Haha Haha x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Foxtochop Premium

Ratings:
    +184
    I pay three green mana sources to put Fernando, The Unpowered Beast into play.

He has haste, meaning he can attack as he enters the battlefield. It also has the following effect:

"If this card enters the battlefield while Monaco GP and/or Le Mans 24 are in play, Fernando, The Unpowered Beast gains +3/+3 and is undestructible while any of the two said cards are in game.

This card can be only countered with another Fernando, The Unpowered Beast or any Honda type card."

Your turn.

• Haha Haha x 16
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,273
    i said, add ramps, not cards :rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +411
    Wow, what a genius move to make F1 more popular :roflmao:

@Paul Jeffrey Does your source say if the genius who came up with this did have a big promotion in the marketing department of F1? :whistling:
    :p

11. Nico

Nico
    Premium

Ratings:
    +206
    Never quite understood the purpose of those card games. When I was a kid there was one about cars and literally no one knew what to do with them, they chose to play Yu-Gi-Oh instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tero Dahlberg

Tero Dahlberg
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +386
    "What's hip with the youngsters these days? Oh right, those portable telephone applet.. appster... you know; the things! We should make one of those!"

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +159
    Dammit! Got to wait for the android version!!

14. antirussia81

antirussia81

Ratings:
    +84
    Next:
    The Official F1 Tamagotchi - raise your own racing driver, from a fetus stage to a world champion.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  15. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +345
    The idea here is to make kids interested in F1. Funny how when we were kids the cars was enough to spark a massive interest. Of course the cars were screaming back then and it was a dangerous sport requiring tons of skill and ballz. Maybe the cards are needed today to get kids interested unless they have parents introducing them. Thanks to the internet kids grow up so fast these days and toy cars are seen as childish even by 3 year olds. :D

16. KaKeX

KaKeX

Ratings:
    +0
    If u want to use my name as a referral :KaKeXXX so we can both get some spicy coins

17. Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Ratings:
    +61
    If it works for football, why wouldn't it work for F1?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.