F1 Trading Card Game

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 Trading Card game.png

A new and officially licenced mobile game from Formula One has been released... introducing the F1 Trading Card Game...

This could potentially be the least exciting thing I've ever written about whilst at RaceDepartment, but I suppose each of us has our own interests, and I've got to report news, which this is, kinda, sort of, maybe.. are we even bothered?

Well if your interest has been aroused by the title of the article I suppose I better carry on then.. Formula One, never slow to make some cash, have released another new mobile game featuring the official Formula One licence, this time employing noted mobile game designer company VirtTrade to develop and release a F1 themed trading card game, available now on iOS with Android versions to drop in the near future.

So what is it then? Well from what I understand the new game will offer players the chance to "collect, trade and race" their way through a free to play (with cash transactions) mobile card collecting story, featuring cars, teams, drivers and personalities within the world of Formula One.

Key Features:
  • Collect cards featuring your favourite drivers, cars, teams, pit crews, circuits and race locations.
  • Build your collection by earning or buying packs. Find powerful, rare and special edition cards. Become an F1® TCG VIP to improve your collection even further!
  • Set a strategy, build a deck and compete with friends, as well as other F1® fans, in thrilling races on real-world F1® circuits to earn XP and advance your career.
  • Collect multiple free rewards every day to build your collection.
  • Further boost your collection by trading with other collectors.
  • Combine duplicate cards to create all-powerful Fusion cards.
  • Collect multiple free rewards every day to build your collection
  • Add to your F1® knowledge with on-card trivia, news and season information.
  • Cards include exclusive car, team and driver photography from EVERY Grand Prix™.
Frankly that's about all the enthusiasm I can muster for this, as its really, really hard to think of anything to write about a mobile game that lets you trade cards.

Phew, done. Enjoy.

Óscar Melero

Foxtochop
I pay three green mana sources to put Fernando, The Unpowered Beast into play.

He has haste, meaning he can attack as he enters the battlefield. It also has the following effect:

"If this card enters the battlefield while Monaco GP and/or Le Mans 24 are in play, Fernando, The Unpowered Beast gains +3/+3 and is undestructible while any of the two said cards are in game.

This card can be only countered with another Fernando, The Unpowered Beast or any Honda type card."

Your turn.

Never quite understood the purpose of those card games. When I was a kid there was one about cars and literally no one knew what to do with them, they chose to play Yu-Gi-Oh instead.

The idea here is to make kids interested in F1. Funny how when we were kids the cars was enough to spark a massive interest. Of course the cars were screaming back then and it was a dangerous sport requiring tons of skill and ballz. Maybe the cards are needed today to get kids interested unless they have parents introducing them. Thanks to the internet kids grow up so fast these days and toy cars are seen as childish even by 3 year olds. :D

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000