F1 2011 Official AI Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Playing on Legend @ monza and the AI just won't overtake you no matter what, they will get a good run on you going into certainturns but will instead decide to just stay behind you for the entire race. It's bizarre. Had similar issues on other tracks, they just won't overtake you unless you make some major error. It kinda ruins the offline portion of this game.

I think the better idea is someone edit the race laptimes for the tracks and make the AI faster 4 seconds, fixing the curves when AI brake early too. So if someone is just 1 or 2 seconds faster than original AI version just race in professional, not legend. Faster than 5 seconds i think is unnecessary, only to the people who play with no fuel or tyres sim on.

Or someone can do a thread with this http://www.filefactory.com/file/ce2169c/n/Catalunya_AI_race_pace.rar (didn´t change the braking points i think, only the race pace) for all the tracks.
One of the problems is that each track needs a different modification. I've read a lot of posts by people who struggled to get points at Melbourne, only to be getting podiums at Sepang and Shanghai. I could quite happily leave Melbourne alone, but the problem is how much to change Sepang and Shanghai. The same is true all the way through the calender.

BTW - in my experience the AI is good at tracks where getting a good exit speed out of corners is critical. It's poor at tracks where the speed through the corner is important. Anybody else think this is a good generalisation? It doesn't hold true in all cases, but I tend to find I corner faster than them, but they're more consistant at getting good exits.

Jace, I suggest you upload your UPGRADE package onto the downloads page under miscellaneous.
TOP WORK JACE!!

Also fine work by TG, only done one quick race at Valencia - WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

This game is starting to come together.

One of the problems is that each track needs a different modification. I've read a lot of posts by people who struggled to get points at Melbourne, only to be getting podiums at Sepang and Shanghai. I could quite happily leave Melbourne alone, but the problem is how much to change Sepang and Shanghai. The same is true all the way through the calender.

BTW - in my experience the AI is good at tracks where getting a good exit speed out of corners is critical. It's poor at tracks where the speed through the corner is important. Anybody else think this is a good generalisation? It doesn't hold true in all cases, but I tend to find I corner faster than them, but they're more consistant at getting good exits.

I would say the AI is poor at tracks with many heavy braking slow corners, because they brake too early. Personally I am generally happy with the AI laptimes on Legend (apart from a few tracks like Monaco where they need to be faster) and find it a challenge so for me I just need them to brake later into the problem corners to improve the game but keep the overall laptimes similar. AI difficulty is a subjective thing that's why we really need that great AI Tool app from 2010 updated to work properly with 2011 so people can adjust easily to suit themselves. But I will try your mod TGApples and let you know. I wish I had been keeping notes on AI pace on the tracks I've raced but will be doing so from now on so I know what needs changing.

So you saw a difference... what did you see? Its important that I get another opinion than my own as I'm seriously doubting any effect at all. Really frustrated at the AI closing, then deciding it cant make a move and dropping back 2 seconds (and often losing places). I want to stop this badly. Mitigate the dropback effect. etc.

I don't think this mod is fabulous yet btw...

So you saw a difference... what did you see? Its important that I get another opinion than my own as I'm seriously doubting any effect at all. Really frustrated at the AI closing, then deciding it cant make a move and dropping back 2 seconds (and often losing places). I want to stop this badly. Mitigate the dropback effect. etc.

I don't think this mod is fabulous yet btw...
I'm yet to try your mod. Was talking about the AI in general. Going to install your mod later and give it a go. With later braking AND more agression I think the AI might start pushing you a bit more at the end of straights.

A.I. Advantage in the Rain

When I first bought this game it soon became clear that somethings we not 100% accurate. For instance, my Williams Cosworth can compete with McLaren, Ferrari, and Redbull all on Legend. Now this feat would not be possible if not for the setups I have found on this website (not the 11/11 glitch either). With that said I'm still learning. I use automatic gears (I'm American, I'm still trying to learn this), I use medium TCS, and that is it everything else is off. But for the life of me I can't understand how the A.I. can put up competitive times during practice and qualifying, but during the race they seem to fade away. Also, what is with rain? Why is the A.I. so good? Their laps are close to, if not faster than the ones they do during a dry race, what gives? Is their something I can change? Or is this just a flaw that needs to be patched?

On practise and Qualifying the cars generally run on minimal fuel tanks ie: lighter car>faster car. In Race they run with Full tanks ie:heavier car>slower car. There lap times will increase as fuel is depleted.

The weather issue is defo a flaw and i think CM are fixing on patch 2 ( well i hope)

I've read somewhere that the AI doesn't suffer from tyre wear when using Intermediate tyres (in light/medium rain conditions). Also, they seem to have immense grip in the wet. For now, it's just something you have to cope with and hope it will be fixed/improved in the upcoming patch.

Did this game actually get tested prior to release??????????

Back in my 'Football Manager' days, they use to release a downloadable Beta version for all gamers to test and then give feedback without costing the gamer there hard earned £45.

For ai_driver_config

tg - Tail Gate
as - Along Side
rt - Retirement
df - Draft
rc - Recovery
ra - Race
hv - Heat Vision
rm - Race Manager / Mode
th - Throttle
br - Break
ov - Overtake
vl - Vision Lost
co - Co Driver (Team Mate)
sq - Squeeze
tr - Track
bl - Block
av - Avoidence
rs - Race Start
atg - Anti Tail Gate
lc - Lost Control
cr - Crash

On practise and Qualifying the cars generally run on minimal fuel tanks ie: lighter car>faster car. In Race they run with Full tanks ie:heavier car>slower car. There lap times will increase as fuel is depleted.

The weather issue is defo a flaw and i think CM are fixing on patch 2 ( well i hope)

Agreed but still as i comment in other forum the game fails at AI.
On Legend mode /carrier/ almost at each track the first 2-3 cars are lapping with times below the Lap Record of the current track.
This is unreal & ridiculous.
Nothing in common compared with the real F1.
Just have a look what times the bots have at Monaco.I did 1.14.x /fuel mix3/and qualified 14 on Professional mode driving Williams with current Lap Record: 1:14.439 - M Schumacher (2004).
I don't even want to think about Legend mode.

If we talk about graphic environment, drivers, cameras effects,collisions ,SC,rules etc . yes i can call it a F1 racing simulator.
But if we talk about compete with lap times of the real f1 drivers - I don't think so.

P.S There's some users having 1.09.x time or better at Monaco /all aids off/on the global leaderboard.If some real f1 driver sees this will say it is pure science fiction.This must be fixed.

Has anyone experienced a race where some of the AI do not come in for a pitstop? Even for the mandated option/prime rule? Really frustrating. Especially because I had an amazing race started 17th on the grid and finished 3rd, behind vettel. And Schumacher won! But checking the race director when I saw the checkered flag indicator I saw that he didn't pit for prime, better he didn't pit at all. What's up with that? Def a bug.

<scTargetSeparationTime float="0.5" />
<scInLapLeadSeparationTime float="15.0" />
<scBrakingPerformance float="0.8" />
<scCorneringPerformance float="0.85" />
<scMaxThrottle float="0.48" />
<scMaxSpeedThroughIncidentZone float="50.0" />

Which line I should edit to make AI cars slower at the lap when the SC deployed? I mean time form the moment when SC deployed till cars join queue. They are incredible fast.

But if you change only the breaking and cornering variations the tool only update this variables to the "ai_vehicle_track.xml". Im using this tool since the first day with the game. Before every race i try some laps with the renault to see my best laptimes ,after that i just edit the variables to match the AI renault driver laptime against my laptimes.
I aways make them 0.800, 0.700 per second faster than me cuz every lap we tend to become faster. And of course to correct the cornes when AI break to early like that first one in Sepang. Anyway everyone have their own style to edit something.
Hope Ryder25 make new a version for the 2011 game, it gone very good. And just waiting for someone to deal with the sh**** *.CTF files.

This is the folder on my pc, hope it works.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ce2ec7c/n/AI_TOOLKIT_without_installer.zip

just go to "F12010-Track Settings(Expert mode)" and in the "ADVANCED RACE TRACK SETTINGS" choose the track and IMPORT the "ai_vehicle_track.xml" inside the track, after that export. Make a backup of the all "ai_vehicle-track.xml" before.

Hi, can please anybody reupload this file and the AI Toolkit. Would be very nice.
Thank you

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years